or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

are you happy Rob?
I think I understand his point, which is that he's rather try to get a reliable list of all the "required" pieces forr a wardrobe, meaning he's asking us to sort through his stuff and tell him what to remove or add to have a well rounded basic functional wardrobe, without getting too hung up (so to speak. get it, because they're clothes, and you hang them up!) on how this or that item fit him, which of course we all totally care about because that's really the basics. I do...
have only skimmed the thread, but wanted to point out... (and I have no doubt I'll get some flak for all this) 1. a few of your items are rather dated and/or reflect an immature view of menswear. For example, blue shirt, contrast white cuff/collar. Meh, was popular in the 80's and guys who don't know better think they're "spiffy". Your last blue shirt, the darkish blue one I think is French blue, something that was popular around the mid 90's. Your black shirt, unless...
amongst my top 5, out of probably 150-200 bottles. It's got monster projection and longevity and IMO smells thick and rich. Love the stuff and treasure my bottle dearly. Re: Shiso, if it's something any of you are really hunting down, then CdG did an earlier series of leaves and one of them was Shiso. I remember smelling the sample in the first swap box many years ago IIRC. @horns, btw I just reread my response about Chanel EdC and it may have seemed to sound aggressive...
lol, spot blown. I've been scoping that one out for a few weeks now eh f-it, my size is sold out now
@oneeightyseven, FYI I believe Eau des Baux was recently discontinued, so if you like the scent (one of my favorites), I'd recommend picking up a bottle soonish. They're like $50 for 100ml, great value.Yes, I'd agree. It's a pretty good scent, not brilliant but nice, however calling it Neroli isn't quite correct. I agree with L'Incandescent and would say it's more of a watery soft aquatic scent, like a less sharp/herbal Cool Water or something. If you like things like...
oy, yeah I just couldn't get into that one either. Sort of a mentholated smokey dirty green scent, blech, it's giving me a headache just thinking about it. I think I sniffed it like 5-10 times over a few years trying to get the appeal but just gave my decant away eventually. Way too 'raw' for me. Horses for courses I guess.My pleasure! Wore some Le Labo Neroli 36 the other day. Juicy, fruity, fresh water. Serious tenacity on this one, like nuclear.Earlier this week used a...
haven't we gone over this like a million times. Most pants are vanity sized, meaning they're 2 inches smaller than the tagged size. I have a 30 inch waist and buy '28' pants. They measure 15' across. That's for my wool pants. For jeans I buy a 27 because they'll stretch in the waist about an inch (maybe a 26 for ball crunching goodness). There are some rare exceptions like my Nudies (grim tim / slim jim) where I buy them in 28 becuase they're a pretty tight cut and they...
maybe it's just me but something about a knitted tie (casual) and spread collar (formal) doesn't mesh. I know the europeans don't really do the ol' button down with a suit/sc thing but seems to me a knit tie just goes better with a 4iH and a button down or at least a point collar.