or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

Probably the right move to be honest but I was buying at 95-100 so would rather take a little off the table at a 10-15% profit and will pick more up if it hits 100-105. Still holding quite a bit and have sell orders at 120 and 130/135.
Did a little trimming today. AMZN at 600, AAPLE at 110, a little bit of CHK, CPG, and TWTR that I bought a few days ago, and some STAG at 20. I'm now about 30% cash which is higher than I'd like but things keep moving up and I'll keep trimming and wait for it all to come back down or try find another beaten down sector (biotech still seems to be hovering). NFLX and DIS both seem rather intent to move sideways forever.
online discounters like fragrancenet, fragrancex, strawberrynet (if you're in the Eastern hemisphere), etc. Note the 15-20-25% off coupons Forums like Basenotes buy and sell section Facebook groups, of which there are a ton and often great sales/deals to be had. Lastly, it's been a while, but I remember a few times a year Harrods does a decent sale. Use keyword memoir which is pretty specific and you'll know quickly what's available. If you're open to a partial/used...
As the owner of two pairs of those W+H shoes, I have to say that at $380 versus say $420/430 for CP's, the look make sense as a bit more rugged and all that but the quality is far behind. I've enjoyed wearing both my pairs but if I'd actually paid $380CAD I'd be a little pissed. Like so much of W+H, they're still decent, but probably 20% overpriced. I got mine for closer to $200 and at that price it's fine.
HHC just can't seem to get nicely over 100. I think I started buying in around 100-110, and fortunately picked some up quite a bit around 90 IIRC too and have sell orders for 110 and 120 etc and as much as it's come up, seemed to peak there at 107/108 and then fall back down to under 100 a few times. No dividend either so I'm just waiting... In a related note, seems to be the same case with both my DIS and NFLX stocks. Both seem to just be hovering around that 100 but...
couple of good points there, thanks. Yes, so as far as I know, for places like Toronto, our mortgages reset every 5 years (which actually seems fair game). If you could lock in for 30 years at a low rate that would be pretty great. Also becuase of the current low rates, people are overleveraged... my parents house is a fairly cookie cutter suburban 3/4 bedroom 2 bathroom 3 floors type dealio and should sell for maybe $650-750 but the local comps are selling for more like...
Yeah based on what you're carrying, should be fine with the 256 actually. The 257 has quite a lot more room available but having had one I found it just ends up being too big and heavy and the 256 holds as much as you should probably be carrying around like that anyway. Comes down to the occasionally just that bit too snug 256 versus the always too big 257.
Dave Matthews meets Tom Hanks? (both compliments!) Looks like a cool jacket but purely my opinion here, seems a bit 'shrunken'. Maybe wear it open? I dunno, honestly it just looks too small to my eye
I think you guys hit the overall main points which are that houses aren't really 'investments' and depending on your lifestyle/plans one option may work better. They might make money, but in all likelihood between the cost to buy/sell and maintenance cost+effort and risk of lack of diversity, more or less assume you'll break even and probably could have made a bit more by investing the money in a market, but if you're getting married and having kids and don't plan to move...
Ginger Crackhead? (as in cracked pepper) eh I'm afraid I'm not very good at this...