Posts by Master-Classter

Wow, I've been out of the retail game for a while but seems all the brands have done some major price bumps. about 3 years ago we were selling Fords for $225 CAD so like $175 USD more or less. I remember they went up a bit to $235 which at the time was about $190-200 USD or something. I think I caught a picture of the Bois Morocain and it's got that solid gold physical plaque instead of sticker so maybe it's more concentrated or something?
SOTD is Tom Ford Arabian Wood. Quite bitter green, waxy, and floral. It's interesting and well composed. Somewhat simple but still, a good solid scent. I personally don't care much for florals or green scents and I used to hate this, just the smell personally mind you, not the composition. I still can't say I like it but I'm wearing my sample a few times and it's tolerable. No doubt there are many out there who like it.
You missed the part when nobody making bourbon 20 years ago could have predicted the demand, all the years when they were overlooked decent bang for buck bourbon at $50, when whiskey came back into vogue, when hipsters showed up, when Anthony Bourdain said they were fantastic, when there was a robbery at the factory, when people started buying them to flip on Craiglist, and more... that's what you missed here. I've taste one of them, I think it was the 15 or something and...
I've become progressively more disillusioned with retail and find I rarely see anything I like, don't already have, and is fairly priced. I pretty much go to Uniqlo and buy 4-5 items a year and that seems to be about it. Maybe the occasional Club Monaco super sale rummage through the pile at Eatons Center type of thing.
I have several reasons for being interested in it. 1. They've got a long history, as in they probably aren't going to zero, so there's some sense of safety net there. I mean they've proven they can survive long term so on that timeline there's a lower risk. 2. I'm 'buying low' because I've seen how high the share price can go and it's done it quite recently, so it's not like I'm buying in now hoping they might one day go up, I've already seen them down and up and down and...
Yeah I've been eyeing NVDA for weeks and it just keeps going! I'm holding HIMX and hoping they'll see some action. Sold my last TSLA stock today at 220. Started buying under 200 down to 180 and have trimmed at 190, 200, 210 ,and now sold the last bit at 220. I'm actually fairly sure it will keep going up but I'm ok to walk away with profit and wait. I have buy orders starting at 200-205 again if it happens. Waiting for AAPL to just get over that 120 mark to trim...
Don't have a dishwasher? What are you like still cooking with wood too? (my last place didn't have one and I hated it. well ok there was the occasional therapeutic washing the dishes moment but I can get that from laundry instead).
Couple of questions for you guys.. 1. My theory is that near the end of the year people are going to sell off some stock to claim losses, and the places they'll do it is with companies that have had a long slow down run and don't seem to be going anywhere for a while, and are being held by a lot of average Joe's. As in ones like GILD and NKE. So my guess is that they'll drop more before the end of the year and then pick back up within a few months. As in I've lowered my...
I saw the Edition 1 and 2 at Astors and was wondering about them as well. Seemed reasonably priced and Macs are usually good. Haven't heard much about them.
Up on offer are a few sets of great like-new Uniqlo shirts.... I'm moving so gotta sell these, so make me some offers guys. The postings are from eBay so ignore some of the rhetoric.Please note that this price does NOT include shipping. Which will be $15 for North America and $20 for international. Those are actual postal rates.Payment is taken via Paypal. I've got plenty of perfect feedback and have been active on these forums for many years. Many of you have met me in...