Posts by Master-Classter

nice cardigan. otherwise I don't understand what the hell is going on. not sure if serious? hair and glasses say hipster, cardigan says slouchy baller, scarf says rich italian, grey zipup says I just went for a run, pants with cuff says fisherman/farmer, boots say modern fashion remakes of classics. All together says I sort of read blogs and like fashion but don't really know what's happening.
working my way through a big sample of Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé for the past few days. I'm not a big fan of iris to begin with, or rather I should say I don't particularly connect much with it emotionally anyway. I find this too simple, the longevity is abysmal, and overall I'm not impressed. I like an own Hiris from them and it's very competent, but this Iris Ukiyoé seems to have about 2 moves and I can barely smell it within a half hour of dumping over a 1ml on me.
Figured out my general return from the last year. I took my end of year balance, less my beginning of the year balance, subtracted out contributions and it came out to a 7% return. Less transaction fees and cost for data etc and it's 6%. Now considering I do a few trades a day so pretty active management, you could say that's not a great return, but I also consider that I banked some losses end of year to lower that and will rebuy them later, I'm also holding some...
Oh snap (are the kids still saying that? or is it so like 2016?)
Thanks for the rum rec's Crdb
My girlfriend (flight attendant) was in Martinique once and grabbed me a bottle of Rhum Agricole. It's definitely different from the stuff I'm used to drinking which is much sweeter and spicier. This is a single barrel version but I'm assuming it gives me a decent idea of what the style is like. From a novice perspective, my best approximation is that it feels almost more like a tequila. Sort of dry, herbal, little sweet but not syrupy, there's a hint of Zebroka (that...
You can have one dram on your birthday for the next 40 years!
So past couple of days I worked through a sample of Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot. It hit me that it reminded me exactly of Demeter's Oud, which I could never get my head around, but since they're a similar type of oud smell, I know it must be something real.... I'm really just a beginner on oud so maybe you guys can help me understand the type? I know there's a warm oily nutty smooth type of oud like Tom Ford's Oud Wood. Then there's a dry stinky cuminy powder style like Oud...
I use Morningstar and Yahoo and then Seeking alpha for reading comments/sentiment. I bought into EL and Nike this morning. If they come down another 3-5% I'll double the position. I'm happy to be in at these levels. Bought some SWHC yesterday and if it comes down 3-4% (around 20) I'm adding another 20-30% to my position. Probably going to sell off my Canadian index funds since they've recovered some and do pay a 4-5% dividend but mostly just sit there. Planning to trade...
I rather like Bookers, and at $50-60 it's a great drinker. For $100 though I can get decent Scotch and lots of other options... Add on $10-15 sure, but almost double price, come on guys.