or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

Yo Bene, do it like this:
looks good!
yeah it's a small part of 'fun money' So I used to have about 20% bond 80% equity when I started, and when bonds popped up a few months ago I sold them off so I'm now 100% equity. Now, I'm currently probably about 15-20% individual stocks and the rest is 3-4 big ETF's. Ideally within 6 months a few of these stocks will come up and I'll sell them off and get back to 90% 4-5 big ETF's (or fewer) and 10-15% stocks. And I'd say I regularly look at 20-30 random stocks and...
was just reading about Chip stepping down from Lulu's board, hopefully they'll get a temp down blip so I can pick some up. Headlines are all doom like chip's resigning, and then the quote of I'm no longer needed here the company is back on track. Some news chatter about Yahoo being a good buyout target, which makes sense, and optimism now that they're selling off that BABA stake. Somebody else says nothing will really happen with Yahoo until closer to the year end when...
huh, never posted here before so forgive me if I'm doing it wrong... I have a whole LOT of fragrance and skincare for sale. PM me if you're interested and you'll get it for cheaper than ebay prices... Username DGJ2004
Hopefully they're still offering it but Montale had this nice little gift set of 3x20ml bottles in a box and you choose whichever 3 scents you like. Considering they're pretty potent and they have like a million to choose from, I'm happy they offer it and will order a set like that (Full Incense, Black Aoud, Red Vetyver). Recently have been wearing Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve which has been a somewhat generic niche but still very enjoyable.
I was wavering on NFLX and didn't buy. Damn. Was considering AMZN and didn't buy. Double Damn. Have been eyeing BABA but am leery. Sigh, threw in a little cash at 90 or so. Let's see what happens. Part of my watch list: If VDE hits 100 I'm in for more If AMZN ever goes under $300 I'm in If GOOG goes under 500 I'm in And NFLX at 300, even 320 maybe and I'm in...
Thanks Frog. I think I'm starting to learn my own risk tolerance as I edge closer out there into individual stocks and I'm going to wait 'till these ones sell off and then go back to mostly a few ETF's, slow and steady rebalancing and keep 10-15% for roulette. I'm sure there's a proper way to invest with all the fundamentals but I'm not interested in knowing that much. More like gambling and gut feel. I think it's great to hear clear strategies like Goomba versus guys...
I was assuming that it took a day for the Yahoo news to filter down into the second level of traders, guys like me who check in every other day and then rush to call their brokers or something. Still, question is, at this point is it just unfair sell-off so good value, or actually a shit company and this is what it's worth? I think I'm keeping an eye out for mid to low 90's, then it's worth the risk IMO.