or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

also check out the stick thread there I put together in just starting out called the resource archive for self education about fragrance (long overdue for an update oops)
oomph, I found Mona di Orio's Cuir way too harsh for me and simply unwearable. But then again Kolnisch Juchten blew me over too so I guess I'm a lightweight with smokey leathers. I like incense, and oud and various other things, but there's a certain dry acrid smoke note (birch tar?) that drills right into my brain. There's a hint of it in Shalimar too. At least Knize 10 gets it over quickly and dries down well but those other two, as much as I can appreciate them, they're...
I'm not an expert on that particular scent, but from what I understand, there was the original release a long time ago, which was discontinued, and then a much more recent (2-3 years ago?) re-release done... so either your eBay version and Perfumed Court versions were the old and new ones so different, or they might both have been the old version but either a reformulation within that one (unlikely), or they're both old but one was stored badly (possible, but still seems...
I'm down hard on CPD.TO and ZPR.TO, like 15-20%. Didn't exactly work out. I've been adding more to them but I've already got in more than I'd like. Other than GILD, I've been burned too hard on biotech so now I'm only holding IBB. Again, even starting to buy in under 300 which seemed decent, the thing is now flittering around 240-250, so again, didn't exactly work out. I'm planning to buy more at 240 and under. Speaking of which, damn MANN. I was buying it around 2.5,...
Well I was down to under 5% cash until last month. As things have come back up I've been trimming to take my gains. I've definitely been kicking myself for selling earlier than I could, but I've also decided that this game is about knowing when to get out and take the profits off the table. For example, I started buying TSLA at 200 and bought at 180, 160, 150, etc. So when it went from 145 up to 180, I sold a few that I'd bought at 150. Is And then sold more at 200. And...
So I was a bit stinky today to begin with and figured I'd add insult to injury and doused myself in Lutens Musc Kublai Khan. Grrrr, it's lovely and dirty.
I'll throw in a few points here I guess. While philosophically I agree with the idea of finding the 'best version of something', I also hate to 'make a mistake' but committing to an item which I'm not sure is going to work for me, or I'm not sure if I've found exactly quite the right version of, especially when I have limited resources, whether they be money, space, etc. So one of my techniques has been to use fast fashion, ie Gap/H&M etc to buy a simple basic version of...
My gf kept correcting me saying there's no such word as 'irregardless' and it is in fact just 'regardless'. We looked it up and she's more or less correct. Irregardless is just a colloquially used phrase but it's a redundant double negative so instead just say regardless.
I trimmed off a bit here and there today. Sold some LXP (was way overweighted) and allocated it to NLY for if it come down at some point (loving that NLY yield). Trimmed off some CPG and put in more orders to buy if it drops again. Have so many stocks that are just itching to be trimmed... Just need 3-5% gains on a few and I can take some money off the table... DIS, AAPL, TSLA, etc. That being said I'm now about 30% cash.... I guess it's a better feeling when things...
I always thought it was "boot air oh" ?