or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

Yeah when I worked at the shop, it was often someone who walked in and said oh yeah Tom Ford, he's baller, I want a Tom Ford fragrance. Then it was just a matter of spraying every single one, essentially throwing mud at the wall, er nose, until one hit. They weren't looking for a particular type of scent. They just wanted one that was good enough that they'd wear that was XYZ brand name. Malle's line, I agree has retained it's style, as in no real house coherence, just...
I blind bought a 30ml decant based on all the positive reviews and I'm still loving this fragrance. But, that being said I've worn it 4-5 times and think about it all the time, but don't reach for it all that often. I really enjoy wearing it when I do, but I'm not sure I'd make it an every day scent. Come fall/winter it'll probably get more use from me. I do also find it slightly raw and unbalanced. So overall, great memorable scent that stands out and wears really well,...
I find TF like Kilian. The original line was well thought out in terms of styles and range and the scents were pretty well crafted. Then they started releasing one or two at a time, and then suddenly is was collections of 3-5 at a time over and over and now instead of 15-20 scents with 10-15 solid ones, it's like 30-35 or more and when they release a group of 3-4 there's usually only one really good one and a few eh-I-guess-someone-will-buy-this ones
I'm a little new at this but for me something approachable and affordable like HP12 would be MaCallen 12 and Auchentoshan (I like the 3 wood). I remember both being pretty well rounded and like $50-60 (Canadian) or something. The question really is are you looking for something that's low risk by being low in price and relatively well rounded so it'll be a solid 7-8/10 every time, or are you looking to branch out in terms of styles? Like if you're into HP, then look at...
Haaa Rach, I only own two Guerlain AA and they're Pamplelune and Herba Fresca. Either great minds think alike or you've influenced more than I realized! I've tried Sahara Noir a few times and have a small decant. I found it to be a hollowed out incense focused version of Amber Absolute. And yes, something like what CdG would have made too. Decent scent, not great, but pretty solid. I think it just got lost in the shuffle position wise. The bottle color didn't make sense...
Sweater/hoodie sleeves seem short. I'm all for showing some 'cuff' but more like with suit/tie. All my sweaters have longer sleeves than even a long sleeve henley etc. Not a major point, I mean overall it's pretty cohesive between colors, cut, styles, etc. My other comment, again minor nitpick, is that with a henly that has buttons and the hoodie that has buttons, it's a bit much. So maybe stick to a simpler shirt like a v-neck tshirt. As for the hair, even if you don't...
Don't care what the store/sales people think. You're there to buy something. As long as you're not asking for a lot of help or making them do too much work, screw it, you're the customer. You're spending money. And this is coming from a guy who's worked retail and hates time wasters. They're there and being paid by the store to help you if you need it, or at the very least they can give you space while you do your thing.
And shoulder seems are already going over the edge
Have found the same experience on both. I do find that the Hermes is more sort of fresh and crisp so I prefer it in summer. It just fades so quickly. The Pamplelune I prefer in fall/winter since it's a little sour which I wouldn't want to have in the head of summer and then that creamy patchouli/vanilla base stays for quite a while and I prefer that in the cold. I don't think I'll be getting a bottle of Pamplemousse Rose since it's so fleeting and I have other citruses I...