or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

btw the +J vest thing was a cool looking piece but IMO there's a practicality problem... it's actually pretty big and chunky, meaning I think it'd actually be hard to use as a layering item because of the bulk, and if you're going to use it on it's own just over a sweater or something, then it'll work as a good looking fashion type thing but if it's cold enough to wear a sweater and a chunky vest, then it's probably cold enough for a jacket. I dunno, maybe it'd work to...
I spent a couple of days in Koln, went to Farinahaus actually, in part it's what started this whole interested of mine in fragrance actually! as for spraying, I usually do one on the chest, one back of the neck, and one or two on the wrist and then dab them together. sometimes I do the double spray on the chest and stomach instead of the wrist, just depends what sort of projection the scent has.
there's not much to choose from for a Campbeltown, so Springbank's on my list. Locally we only have the 10 year and I've heard the older ones are really nice. Do y'all think it's worth picking up? meaning does it add anything unique to help round out the collection in terms of styles?
hey 'mericans! question... so I can get some Stagg Jr here for about $85, around say $75 in USD, think it's worth it at that price? I've got quite a few of the basic $30-40 bourbons covered and a few higher priced ones like say Bookers, which I found really nice, hell it's relatively cheap compared to scotch but LCBO here locally is known to jack the price $20-30 and I'm swayed becuase it seems to rare to find but am I just getting gouged here or is it worth it?
yeah, never liked Gold man either Dreamer - thoughts on Dali? I've been debating getting a bottle for years... Re Timbuktu - I've got a little 15ml mini and everyone raves about this stuff but personally I find it sort of soapy or green that throws me off. I like my spices red orange and brown, not blue or green
I had a bunch of XIC (Canadian market) that hit the upper limit and sold the position. Originally I bought it on the way up from that big dip last month and cleared 3-4% on the transaction. Redistributed it as follows: 1A. a chunk of EWC at 30.5 to hold for a little while, something Piobear mentioned a while back and looks good and safe, or at least better returns than just bonds. 1B. Bought some VWO at 41.65, a big chunk away from USA and Canadian markets that seem to be...
hey L'Incandescent, I for one appreciate the humor and little ditties and such, keep it up
went past Astors yesterday and saw Uigedail for $75. Got a bottle last time and even with taxes and exchange rate, it's like $85 CAD and LCBO sells it for $170(?). Was tempted to get another bottle but had already spent too much $$$ so just got some Elijah Craig 12 and New Amsterdam Gin to round out my bourbon and gin collections. (
my mistake, was thinking of ULD ones. I wear my vest all the time and would def pick up a few 'jackets' of the ULD for layering.
yeah I've got a bottle of that double black somewhere in the collection. Didn't find it particularly interesting but hey it's good to put out for guests that don't know anything beyond JW red so they're impressed and I'm just happy they're not touching my single malts.