or Connect

Posts by keithp3521

Regarding the uppers, I don't like split toes. That stitch looks like a puckered wound to me. In addition, I love natural chromexcel. I've got LWBs in natural chromexcel and they are just gorgeous, yet also sort of casual-looking. Really great match with faded jeans.But regarding the soles, I love the plantation crepe. They're like wearing tennis shoes. But they do have a thicker, more casual profile.So for comfort, I think you'd have to go with the chamois Norweigan toe....
xx
My primary issue is not the price, but some of the design details. Poorly placed front pockets, for one. But, yeah, looking at $200-300 for comparable, independent, American made jeans.That's part of the reason I'm so dejected about realizing that Gustin isn't for me: I believe their jeans are just as good as the more expensive brands but for a fraction of the cost.
Awesome, thanks, gaseousclay and barrelntrigger.
I think I've fallen out of love with Gustin. Here's why: First, I've never been able to fit the shirts. I'm a big guy. I wear XXL. Gustin's shirts look awesome in style and design until you get to the top. The XXL has a bizarrely small collar size (17 inches). Every other major brand pairs a 17-17.5 inch collar with an XL shirt and puts an 18-18.5 inch collar on an XXL. But Gustin shirts have a very weird taper at the top. Second, the belts are not the quality I was...
Thanks, Mike! This was a pre-order and the wait was unusually long. Just FYI. I pre-ordered these in October 2013.
Got the blues today, boys. Raining and 58 degrees in Anchorage, Alaska. Perfect weather for my new pair of navy blue Greenwich boots, which I just received in the mail yesterday from the very awesome Leffot. Yes, I said "blue." They're awesome. And I'll tell you what else: I've seen others comment that the plantation crepe is like wearing a pair of Nikes and, man, were they right. If I could never buy anything but crepe again, I'd be a happy fat guy. (Except I'm losing...
Just got an email that the downtown browns are back and ... they're fully funded. WTF, boys? Guess those are popular.
Here you go, man. AoC AF84 at Anchorage airport. I call this piece "Alden with Wolf."
Wow. Thanks, Shawn. That was very cool of you to link to my sale. That's good karma, baby.