or Connect

Posts by sanrensho

I've sold thousands of items on eBay, and back in the day it was great. If you are an honest seller there are few problems, but as a buyer you really take your chances. I would never buy a high-value (over $50) item from anyone on eBay unless they specialized in that particular item (for example, used shirts) and had a lot of good feedback.I also own the stock, which at this point is underwater (for me). I think they've lost their direction, or rather have not been able to...
I also wear a 9.5D in Alden Leydon last and 9D in Barrie last. I have not worn Church's, but my Tricker's "size 9 fitting 5" and C&J 9E fit fine (both are "medium" width), if not slightly large, which allows me to use shoe inserts for improve arch support. FWIW, Barrie has never agreed with my feet...too wide. I am much happier with the Leydon and the English shoes in terms of fit.
Quote: Originally Posted by calisanfran Just read this thread. 345k? LOL. That's just the annual interest I earn on my checking account. You've got 30 mil in a checking account? that's pretty dumb.
Did you see "Raiders of the Lost Ark"? That is exactly what these boots are used for. Duh!
Who paid?
That's a really common look for young (20s) guys now...the too-short vest with the untucked shirt. But in this case, I think the vest and shirt should be a couple inches shorter, at the risk of looking too waspy. But you can get that stuff anywhere - it should be showing up at Target soon.
- don't sweat it. the guy had penis envy. he mighta felt the same way if you arrived in a ferrari, but it would seem dumb if he said "your car is too nice!"
I used to live in LA, and when wearing a white shirt and slacks I got mistaken for the copier repair guy a couple times. Being Asian didn't help either...but of course, now that I live in Japan, it never happens. And one drawback of living in Japan is that I can't tell the copier repair man from the regular sarariman.
I used to like Bell & Ross watches until they came out with that way, way overpriced square case model. After that, they lost all credibility for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by bsyde82 I'd rather spend the evening in my own suit rather than the inevitable men's wearhouse tux I'll be rockin' at the ceremony. Since I'm a groomsman by default (brother of bride), I feel like it might be ok as opposed to a situation where I'm one of a band of friends who does this. Obviously, I don't want to go against proper wedding etiquette. My sister is ok with it, but she's not the type to say no to something like...