or Connect

Posts by deburn

Thanks Cold Iron. The Dundee was only available in brown so I didn't have a choice of color there, but the other two were availble in black and burgundy. Thanks for your perspective on calf vs shell - very helpful, and interesting that you don't wear the calf! I have limited experience with shell generally, but I have never seen a pair in black so it will be interesting to compare when I get the PAs. Thanks for the comparison picsI do plan on wearing one or more pairs in...
Got iGot it, thanks
Good to know since it looks like I'll have to start selling on eBay to justify and fund my shoe purchases! I have 28 feedback but only as a buyer. Haven't sold anything
Good point about the 5 years. I didn't see that
Because its 100% you mean?
Thanks Mike! Appreciate the feedback on the dressiness of calf vs cordovan. I am familiar with the Mac method for polishing shell (hard not to be if you spend anytime reading about shoes ) but just to be clear, you're also suggesting I use it before I wear my shoes?
Sweet! They look great! Were you apprehensive about buying from someone with only 68 feedback?
haha, thanks! I mentioned in the Alden thread that I went there and they didn't have any shell in my size. I already had the Dundee and Leeds on hold and called J'ville right after getting out of ShoeMart to confirm them
I purchased my first shell shoes today - I got a bit carried away and ordered 3 pairs, all seconds!! A black PA, brown Dundees and burgundy Leeds! I wear an 8.5D in my AE Weymouth and Dryden as well as C&J, so that's the size I ordered. Hopefully they'll all fit well, but if they don't that's fine too. Couple of questions specific to shell cordovan: - is there a recommended procedure prior to wearing new shell shoes, like there is with calf? - how does the PA look in...
Thanks MrSix. They did check for additional sizes in the back, but they were all out of shell cordovan in my size! That's a brilliant suggestion about trying out the Carmina lasts - I wish I'd seen it before leaving the store