or Connect

Posts by deburn

All the shoes I have are 8.5D. The AEs are Weymouth and Dryden, and now Katmai. The Amoks in 8.5D felt funny on my left foot. Daltons I tried in 8.5D also fit me well. I have a few pairs of C&J that are all 8.5D as wellThge Drydens might be better if they were 1/2 size smaller, but not a big deal.I don't have enough knowledge about the lasts so I just ordered several styles in the same size, knowing I'd return some of them.It started pouring like crazy as I was about to...
Just got my Katmai. Looks great. It looked more orange on the website, which I was concerned about, but it's less so in person. Fits great and I plan to wear them today even though it's raining a little and I haven't sprayed it the AE waterproofing spray! The Strawfuts also came. They look nice but they are too big for me so I'm returning them. Probably a good thing given all the other shoes I've bought recently Expecting one of the shells to be delivered today. I'm...
It means that it's worn. Judging by the seconds I got in the 2 for 250.00 sale, it looks like seconds have a small oval light colored spot on the sole just in front of the heel
any idea why the price went up from 299 to 449? btw I just got them for 20% off the 449 = 359. Still not as good as the 299, but thought I'd pass that along
I belive B Nelson charges 35.00 for taps
I would like them to get that great shine, but in practice I may not have the time and/or patience to brush for hours
Thanks Cold Iron. The Dundee was only available in brown so I didn't have a choice of color there, but the other two were availble in black and burgundy. Thanks for your perspective on calf vs shell - very helpful, and interesting that you don't wear the calf! I have limited experience with shell generally, but I have never seen a pair in black so it will be interesting to compare when I get the PAs. Thanks for the comparison picsI do plan on wearing one or more pairs in...
Got iGot it, thanks
Good to know since it looks like I'll have to start selling on eBay to justify and fund my shoe purchases! I have 28 feedback but only as a buyer. Haven't sold anything
Good point about the 5 years. I didn't see that