or Connect

Posts by deburn

Good to know. That's non-intuitive
They're not even seconds and they're a 100 bucks less than seconds are right now, even with the 20% discount.
Its been a roller coaster couple of days The shell Park Avenues were delivered yesterday, but turned out to have a fairly large gouge on the left toe (almost a hole.) I was bummed out. Kristle was able to find another pair for me, which is great, but that's going to take a couple of days and the Dundees which I also ordered at the same time as the PAs got delayed as well. Anyway, I got the shell Leeds in burgundy today. They fit well. I wore them for a couple of hours at...
From the same seller Alden Men's Tassel Moccasin Burgundy Loafer - 8.5 3E. Listed as used, but most would describe it as new. Seems like a great deal at 180.00!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Mens-Tassel-Moccasin-Burgundy-Loafer-8-5-3E-MINT-/161084713842?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item258165ab72
Just kopped it! Thanks! Hope it fits. I'm usually a 8.5D
Shoe Bank and outlets are selling Amoks for 99.00 right now, and I believe they are firsts, just discontinued
Yeah, I didn't think the soles were shell either. He sounded knowledgeable about other AE stuff though.Re the toe taps and sole protectors, does anyone add them to new shell?
So it sounds like you use almost nothing on burgundy and black. Why nothing on the rest? I've read about how shell reacts differently to rain for different people/shoes. Looks like I'll be getting mine on Monday and Tuesday.Couple of other shell questions in general:1. the SA at AE told me that the JR soles that AE uses on it's shell shoes is made from shell itself. I always thought they were made of regular leather. Anyone care to comment?2. With calf shoes some people...
As someone just mentioned, the Alden Indys do have an R at the same spot where AE has theirs. I saw this myself earlier this week.Re the AE seconds, the Katmais I just got dont have them, so I assumed it was because it was discontinued and not seconds
Ha! That's the blob I was referring to earlier. It's what I have on the seconds I just received. It really looks like a blob, though, so I didn't realize it was supposed to be a shoe till you posted this.So... does anyone know what signifies an Alden seconds? (not that I would ever consider buying Alden or anything apart from AE of course )