or Connect

Posts by deburn

Those rubber toe taps look extremely sleek compared to the typical ones you see (the ones with 3 nails in them). What are these called and where do you get them? Also, if you could post a pic that shows the toe tap, that would be great. Thanks!
I just read about the Global Shipping Program. It sounded like a great deal because eBay deals with all the hassle of customs and international shipping and the seller gets a larger audience. So I turned on GSP and then read recommendations in this thread to turn off GSP to address a problem of high customs fees (a couple of weeks ago.) Do most recommend not using GSP?
What happens if you drop it off at a retail store?
There are tons of tutorials in that thread and lots of other places. I just like reading about shoe care in general - not sure why I like it as much as I do, but I do - and I'm not even that much into getting a spit shine. Reading about it also motivates me to go condition/polish my own shoes.There's a reason that shoe care thread has 6584 posts. You could shut down that thread after the first few pages
thanks for the referral to A Shine and Co - I was just wondering if there were any less expensive options to Renomat, so this is the next best thing
The new rack looks awesome! I agree that the plastic/metal stands that are commonly available are crap. The rack you have looks like it could be extended vertically, if needed. Would you mind sharing the cost, and the split between labor and wood?Also, do you only wear boots? I don't see any shoes in the pic
I'm looking forward to the tutorial as well, Benhour (and I prefer it to videos)
Why wouldn't you just get the polish that AE recommends?
I'm guessing a lot of the weather-proof boots are going to be made of pebble-grain leather
Good to know, thanks. There's a lot of info on shell care in general, but not a lot on conditioning vintage shell. I bought a used pair of Florsheim Imperials. Not sure I'm going to keep it, but either way I'd like to do whatever I can to reduce any chances of it drying out and cracking or whatever old shell does!