or Connect

Posts by struan87

Thanks for the info, guys. That's pretty much what I was thinking. And she's not my fiancee anymore--the wedding was last month. I didn't wash the shirt three times beforehand, but I had it laundered and pressed. I think it worked out okay anyway
As some of you may remember from my tuxedo thread a while ago, I ended up getting a Jantzen shirt for my wedding. It's a plain-front white pique shirt with French cuffs and peak lapels. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I could dress it down to wear casually without looking silly. I'd like to spend a couple days in it to see how well all the measurements fit me before I order more shirts from Jantzen. Plus, I'd like to get more than one day of use...
- ordered tuxedo shirt on 8/7 - order acknowledged by Ricky on 8/11 - received in Seattle 9/1 Hooray! I'll definitely be ordering more. The fit is perfect except around my waist; I sent them a waist measurement that was 3-4" larger than my pants waist because that's what I got when I measured the fullest part of my stomach. Next time I'll just order the small size to get the slim fit I want.
I received an email from Ricky this weekend. I sent payment info and dropped the fact that I need the shirt for my wedding Hopefully that will skew the odds in my favor a bit.
Well, I called them last night (about an hour after they opened for the day) and was less than impressed. Once I told the guy that I had placed an internet order, he asked me to call back later and hung up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart I havent ordered in about 9 months, but my last order I got within 3 weeks from placement. I understand not submitting your cc info, but that will probably guarantee never seeing your shirts. Dangit. I really, really didn't want to submit my cc info on an unsecured site. I'll email them just to be sure, I guess. You'd think that with all the business they're getting, they'd be able to afford a decent...
Wow, that's not encouraging. Has anybody actually gotten their online order within two-three weeks? I just placed an order last night, but I included a note saying I won't send my credit card info until I get a confirmation email. At least I won't get charged if they never reply. How long should I wait before I give up?
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin If they have the Boss in your size AND you can get quality tailoring, I would think it would fit your needs. I've read a little more about Boss and I'm not so sure now. Apparently they're cut wide in the shoulders for "athletic" builds, which I definitely do not have. Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin Edit: An added thought. The site that you linked to for the Boss tux also listed...
I emailed The Wizard of Aahs and Nitr-o and neither of them have 36s. I found a few more options by searching other boards and forums; do any of these look good? Jean Yves-Belfort Jean Yves-Parisian Peak Hugo Boss I haven't been able to find much else in my size for less than ~$600. Considering all the accessories I will have to buy, that's out of my price range. There are plenty of <$200 options from After Six and Neal Allyn, but I understand that they're...
Thanks, that's a good find. I'm still pretty wary of going the DB route just because I've never been happy with a DB suit I've owned. The link you posted does seem to be Italian; the label says "Made in Italy" and the auction says "this tuxedo is "Made in Italy" by the skilled hands of old school Italian craftsman". Can that be trusted, or might it be fake? Does that even matter? I emailed the seller to see if he has any SB tuxedos in my size. Is there any way to...