or Connect

Posts by HughJ

I hate buying jeans. There's always something I'd want to change, so I ordered a pair from Luxire with a lengthy list of very specific requests and they nailed every detail. Unfortunately the thigh measurement was a touch off (possibly my own fault), so they're on their way back for alterations. I heartily recommend them, and look forward to ordering more based on this order once they stock a little more variety....which I'm told is coming soon.
Seems reasonable, but I would consider leaving the cuff width as is if you ever wear double cuffs. That's also a lot off the back length for me, but I'm guessing you want to play with the balance a bit, right? The only suggestion I'd make is to lessen the trouser taper from the knee down so that you can go a little longer without introducing more break.
Some days I leave for work and it's looking ok, and then I have to slog through a foot of snow to get to the snowblower when I get home. This winter has sucked for that (and for blown our snow tires with impossible wheel sizes, but that's another story....)I used several coats of polish on my scotch grains as thinman suggested, plus sno-seal on the welt for good measure. Super low maintenance after that. Grain leather cleans up so easily.
Certainly, as you qualified, he will need to note which AE last works for him. I just wanted to make sure rqc0 was aware of this additional variable, as he appeared to be under the impression that a brand to brand comparison could be made. Apologies if not.
Allen Edmonds and Meermin each use many different lasts in their line, so such a comparison is difficult to make. You are far better off asking Meermin for advice based on your measurements IMHO.
These would be out of my personal comfort zone, but you may find some inspiration in the In Praise (but also Suspicion) of Patterned Pants thread.
I have both suede and pebble grain calf boots, and prefer the latter in the winter because you can wipe/brush off salt in the blink of an eye, while the suede requires a bit more maintenance. Still, those are much nicer boots than mine, Roger....you are a braver man than I.
Agreed, and I think this logic extends to unpadded/unstructured jackets as well.
8" is already on the slim side of tradition. The return policy is good though (so long as you're patient).
I was thinking about trying out one of the LBM 1911 jackets, but I'm iffy on the sizing having never owned an unstructured jacket. The chest on a 38 would serve me best, but the shoulder is wider than I'd normally look for. How crucial is it to nail the shoulder fit on an unstructured jacket given that there's no padding to stick out? Will it look droopy if it's too wide? Thanks in advance for any advice.