or Connect

Posts by matty long legs

First, thank you to everyone who PMed and replied to the thread about the Omega watch. The willingness of you guys to share your knowledge makes this thread a great community to be a part of. I ended up purchasing it today for 30% off, which makes it the most expensive item I've ever bought at a thrift store. It keeps correct time, though I know the date mechanism doesn't work. Now I just need to get it fixed and change out this horribly dated band. Pics: Also picked...
A few quick stops while running errands: Underneath, an anonymous silk dress scarf. On top and both on final markdown at Marshall's: RLPL tie and Black Fleece belt
A few meager finds: Paul Stuart wool/silk paisley, Ted Baker, Hugh Parsons for Miller Brothers Ltd. Massimo Bizzocchi and Bulgari 7 fold, RLPL linen pants (NA) and a Brooks Brothers cashmere scarf
Greg, I wear a 42 in the Mackintosh Waverly. Should I take the same size in the Dunkeld?
I made the trip back to the store yesterday after exchanging PMs with a few of you. The lady at the counter told me they had it examined by a local jeweler and it will need the date movement repaired. Otherwise, it's in decent condition. It will be 30% off next week, so I'm gambling it will still be there. If it is I'm purchasing and taking it for a repair estimate. I'm not a watch wearer, so if the cost of the repair is too high I'm more than happy to pass it along to...
Feel free to PM. I know less than nothing about watches. Can someone please educate me or point me where I can get an education on what I have here. Looking for info on date, materials, movement, reasonable price to pay.
Dis is niiiiiiiice. If I didn't already own a Mackintoshtosh Waverly I'd be all over this.
Now. All prices dropped another 20%. No code needed. Only picked up an OCBD.Edit: fuck BB for their ridiculous shipping prices.
Didn't buy from him. Namor wouldn't price Dovers at $120.
My first pair of EGs. Bought for crazy cheap on eBay and sent them to B. Nelson for recrafting. Couldn't afford the EG restoration. Question: Are these dark oak?