or Connect

Posts by matty long legs

It's killing me that the grenadines, donegals, and raw silks are 2.75".
Been busy lately, so haven't thrifted much. What I did get: Ben Silver ties Barbour made in England sweater NWT VV sweater Amazingly detailed, though anonymous cotton robe $40 produce for $1 (Anyone in VA, DC, or MD look into RelayFoods. Code 9595 gets you a ton of local produce for dirt cheap.) And this...
I stand by my original post.I had a much longer reply written out, but we'll end it here. Any further discussion can be done via PM.
8.5, 9, 9.5
4 pairs of NIB Lucchese oil calf cowboy boots. $100 a pair. Ugh. Edit: went to another store. 13 pairs total.
Uptown Cheapskate in SLC???? It's my first time here, but I'd say its just like PC.44R. Base V. Wool/cashmere/silk blend. I tore the store apart looking for the pants but they were nowhere to be found. This jacket has changed my opinion on roped shoulders. Wow.
I don't always buy orphans, but when I do it's ISAIA. [[SPOILER]] This is why I go to the teen consignment stores. They have no idea what the nice stuff is. [[SPOILER]]
Nicky is Nicky Milano. I've found a few of their ties but haven't done that well with them.Beecroft & Bull is a great, local store. They used to be preppy/trad and even had a house brand but now they're very Italian. Lots of Isaia, Canali, Zegna, Luciano Barbera and even some Samuelsohn. I'm still waiting to find my first piece of Isaia in the wild.
A follow up: I picked up some Saphir from Franco's after my haircut. While I was looking at the Aldens I got to talking with the salesmen about the Rider's on sale on a back table. He mentioned that those were the last and that Rider Boot Co. is no more. In it's place, he said, will be a Franco's brand shoe line. I inquired if they would be made to the same standards and his response was they will be at the same level of quality and made at the same factories as Rider.
I'm planning on going to Franco's this weekend. I'll ask because I'm curious as well.