I have the navy with red windowpane made up from NSM and the brown with blue windowpane from Ercoles. I highly recommend both. I think they are the right balance of subtlety vs assertiveness which is hard to find in windowpanes.
I have now been running novice Sheiko for a couple of weeks. A few observations:
- the upper body work has been easy. The lower body work has been moderately challening, particularly the box squats. I have spent far more time training upper than lower historically so this is to be expected
- recovery has not been too bad, much easier on the upper body than lower
- it has hard to tell if the program is "working." I am used to linear progression in which you are able to...
Started novice Sheiko today. I expected it to crush me but it really wasn't that bad. I actually breezed through it in about 45 minutes. I am guessing this means:
1. I went too light on the weights. My understanding is that weight is generally supposed to be 60% of 1RM. I was probably a little lower than that but didn't want to burn out too quickly
2. I didn't rest enough between sets.
Perhaps the answer is both 1 and 2.
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I probably should have clarified that some weeks I will make it to the gym more than four days a week and therefore end up with an extra chest day or extra shoulder day. Based on what I am hearing that still doesnt address the issue. I will look into some of the cycles that Conceptionist suggested and think about retooling my routine to hit more bodyparts at lower volumes more frequently.I tore the labrum in my hip a few years ago and...
Thanks for all the help. Below is what I have been running, it probably most closely resembles starting strength big but boring.Day 1 - Bench- 3 x 5 paused bench- 3 x 15 touch and go bench (at 60% of paused bench lbs)- 3 x 15 close grip bench- 3 x 15 decline bench- 3 x 10 cable pec fly- 3 x 12 bicep curlDay 2 - Deadlift- 3 x 5 deadlift- 3 x 10 lower weight deadlift (60%)- 3 x 15 pull-throughs- 3 x 15 lunges- 3 x 15 random quad machineDay 3 - OHP- 3 x 15 seated barbell...