or Connect

Posts by Axelman 17

Beautiful choice. Wear in good health. On a related note, I really like the JLC ultra thin duo but can't get past the numeral at 12. Oddly enough, it looks like the stainless version has sticks at 12 which I think is more balanced. I wonder what goes into the decisions on how much homogeny is desired across metals.
I tried it on at the FPJ boutique in Tokyo and it didn't speak to me. The brightness and the sheen of the blue added a certain loudness that felt inconsistent with the character of the watch. I agree that you need to try it on to see if it works for you, it isn't one size fits all.
IWC 3706 is nice but the 3705 is my favorite of the bunch.Hard to find though.
Thanks for the help. I will probably guide him towards taking the watch to Central when he is in NYC next.
Does anyone know of a good option for watch repair / servicing in Washington DC? My brother has a Longines Chrono that has stopped running. He doesnt have the papers or warranty that came with it and the watch was originally purchased on the grey market. I know that isnt a TWAT approved way to purchase and maintain watches but any help would be appreciated.
Yes. Stitchy, I am always thankful for you but this was intended for Dino.
Thanks No Frills and Stitchy. I am going to see James tomorrow and check out the wares. I have a feeling it will be a morning of extreme temptation. I will take pictures if such a practice is allowed.
I have been flirting with the idea of purchasing a 1675 Pepsi GMT for a while now. My biggest hesitation is that I am not knowledgeable when it comes to vintage watches. I came across the below 1675 being sold by Analog Shift, which seems to be a fairly reputable vintage watch seller, sort of in the vein of Hodinkee. I exchanged a few emails with A/S and they informed me that the watch was fully serviced and cash was "professionally refinished" by ABC Watch Works about a...
The marker at 9 ruins it for me. Hope that is what you were looking for.
Stitches, beautiful 15300. Fits your wrist perfectly. How do people here feel about the JLC Geophysic series? I probably wouldnt purchase one (too many others ahead of it) but there is something about it that I find very appealing.