or Connect

Posts by Odradek

Second pair of Church's shoes this week. Harrow Tassel Loafers and they look like they've only been worn a handful of times. On Monday I got a pair of Church's Consuls, and they're also in great shape. Other interesting items are Hiltl cords which look almost new, and a pair of slim fit, low rise Gucci trousers. Gucci Riding.
Thanks.Looks like the Consul is now made on the 173 last, but at some time in the past was on the 100 last.That's as far as i can figure out from Google anyway.
Ah ha !Indeed they do, and much more legible.8.5 they are.Thanks
I thrifted a pair of Church Consul shoes today but could anyone help decipher what size they are from the scrawl inside? I think they are either 8 or 8.5 F. Here are both shoes.
I thrifted a pair of Church Consul shoes today but could anyone help decipher what size they are from the scrawl inside? I think they are either 8 or 8.5 F. Here are both shoes.
Maybe I just have weird feet, but I've always found the Loake Capital last to be a bit big.I wear a UK 7.5 in most other shoes, but for Loake's Capital I have to go for a 7.I've bought size 7 boots in Loake 024 and had to sell them as they were just too tight across the toes.I also have a few pairs of Allen Edmonds, and in the Shelton and the MacNeil I wear an 8.5D US size.
I wore them once, for about two minutes, just walking round the house.Yes, slight creasing on the vamp now. Have rubbed them down with Colonil lotion now.The creasing was referring to was up on the shaft of the right boot. Not worth sending them back for. Nobody will ever really see it.Now the search is on for suitable polish.Might need a new brush, just for green.The colour is slightly darker than appears int he photos, but still quite green.
Just arrived after a long wait, my green MTO boots. Ordered back in September for November delivery. When they hadn't shown up by mid-December I contacted Meermin who said they'd had problems with production and that they'd throw in a free pair of shoe trees to compensate. Anyway, the got here this morning, and I'm happy with them. Maybe some very minor issues with slight creasing etc, but nobody but me will ever spot that. Hiro last, and a good, snug fit. I wear a UK...
Just kidding.Since the Burfords have a Dainite sole, I'd certainly wear them. Not sure what sole the Chester have.I have now built up a selection of three Dainite-soled boots which I've been wearing for the winter, along with a rubber soled pair of black AE shoes for very rainy days.Just back from several days in County Kerry where it rained almost non-stop and I was fine in my Herring Gosforth and Herring Langdale boots.Had Loake Hydes with me too, but didn't want to go...
If you head over to Ask Andy, you can find two different Herring codes.One will get you 10% off and the other will get you free shoe trees.You can only use one code per purchase.