or Connect

Posts by Amelorn

That was an example of some of the English language's oldest and choicest words (when properly deployed).Growing fat is not a certainty. Currently, it's a historically brief deviation from the norm. More personally, I already was very fat (220 on 5'11"). Then I dropped to 160 and have stayed there for some years. I'm a 33 trouser. My uncles are 32-34." My grandfather is a 35"...down from a 39" 4 years ago. Dad is a 37", but he's a diabetic who subsists on take-out. ...
A suit should be well-made and flatter the body. The use of a natural fabric from a reputable mill in a sturdy construction is never a loser (assuming some traditional variant in tailoring). The fit should flatter the physique, complimenting the assets or mitigating the liabilities. Cuffed or hemmed? Personal preference. Rise? Also preference, but one which requires some attention. Lapel: A product of its era. Button number: See above Vents: Really? People actually...
I would think that you get an exemption.
In my experience, they have a whole host of their own issues.
Those things are sin incarnate.
This is a weird post. I agree with the first few lines and the under 50k group. I have seldom seen anyone independent earning under 50k in anything but the $99 rayon special from JC Penney. However, a $1000 is hardly an extravagance to someone earning over $75k and living well within their means. The cost of living does not increase in a precisely linear fashion. Ex, my grandfather has 100 times the cash assets and 10 times the property assets of my mother but 3 times...
If one has "made it" to the top groups, on probably has found his way through something more substantial than access to a competent tailor.
The shopping logic of SF is so vastly separated from the average American that comparing the two borders on absurdity. Most Americans suits will be bought at a major lower-mid level mass market department store (Penney's, Macys's, Dillard's, Lord & Taylor, and Nordstrom). At the top (for most) is Brooks Brothers, probably at the $1500 price point. Beyond that, you're dealing with a clientele that would be statistically irrelevant if they weren't quite wealthy. When I...
Everyone knows that suits and sport coats will virtually always need tailoring OTR, but what do you guys do with your streetwear? I've got this utterly amazing Korean lady down the block who does a dry cleaning & alterations business. Now I think I'm addicted to alterations. Her prices range from $8 to hem trousers to $45 to taper the torso on my Burberry trench (a huge, complex, and annoying coat...from a tailor's perspective). Today I had received 2 linen safari...
Courtesy of European & American corporations, China has access to the same technology, more or less, that the West has. China makes what the bosses order: garbage. If you tell Mr. Xue to produce a hand-brogued goodyear welted shoe in full-grain leather under the close supervision of and final inspection of an experienced cobbler, they will. If you tell Mr. Xue to produce a shoe used the cheapest corrected leather and discount shoe cement, he will. It's all business. ...