or Connect

Posts by Amelorn

When you have more shopping stamina than any two women and your gay uncle/cousin/brother/son combined.
8-10% is a significant risk. One asinine publication I read suggested that for someone under 35, they could pile 85% of their retirement savings into stocks and expect 8.61% returns. However, I was looking at Fidelity's corporate bond inventory (my broker) and found solid corporations like Goldman Sachs and GE with bonds at 4.5-6.5%. If one holds the bonds to maturity and collects the principle at the end, they are a fine and relatively safe place for a young person to...
Shoes coming off in Anglo houses reeks of the same prole behavior entailed by covering the living room in plastic. In Japanese culture, I can understand it as cleanliness is better than godliness. I find it rather anal in European houses. What are they protecting? Some cheap pulled polyester masquerading as carpet from Ikea? My Grandfather's parquet is flawless after 130 years. As he is of mostly Irish descent, shoes are worn indoors. Our cousins in Ireland wouldn't...
I did some tie shopping on eBay because I liked some old ones from the Met. Museum. But they were in immaculate condition. Your description is more or less accurate in describing thrift store locations in my area. Being mid-LI, the brand selection in general would suck. This is why I love eBay. Pictures and accurate descriptions...which if they are falsely written, result in a prompt paypal refund. Although I still use ebay for new with tags stuff, as used in...
Oh, as somewhat of an SF'er, I know that Chaps was sold off. I am referring to the Chaps of the earlier part of the century. They were a diffusion line below LRL...ie...one could buy it in Kohl's or as the filler garbage of TJ Maxx. Rugby I think is more of a bridge line. The polos are priced identically to PRL stuff. The one thing is that Rugby stuff tops out at $250. It's PRL stuff for the (presumably) slimmer fitting college set..but still priced for students with...
You get excited about used shoes. I find used shoes disgusting. Disclaimer: This is a personal opinion and not necessarily a statement of fact.
Comparing Rugby with Chaps? That's a bit harsh. Having digressed with that, I am with davesmith. It's not particularly exclusive. "Exclusive" is ONE location (See Bergdorf Goodman). This is a "luxury mall" brand (eg Americana Manhasset). This is distinct from a luxury "mall brand."
Buy corporate bonds. I can't tell you where the stock market will be in a year, especially given this volatility eerily reminiscent of the early days of the credit crisis, but I doubt names like GE or Bank of America will go bankrupt in a year.
I have my mother dying in the next room of uterine cancer. I was pondering this some time ago, "Why is it that breast cancer publicity is ubiquitous, and female gynaecological cancer is woefully under-championed in comparison? Ovarian gets some trivial press, and no one hears of uterine cancer at all.
Pfft. I come from a family of naturally average to slender. My father's side had good looking people that became fat alcoholics after 25. Here's how I ate in middle and early high school. You tell me if it was "genetics." Breakfast: Snapple Iced Tea. Lunch: Coca Cola. Dinner: Checkers/McDonalds/BK with a large coke and a side of chicken nuggets. Midnight snack: Snapple and something (cereal, toast, sandwich etc). I was doing 1000-1250 calories per day of H....