or Connect

Posts by Amelorn

My sentiments regarding my father... The spectrum is "apathy" at best and "burn him alive" at worst. My mother....whatever cruel god(s) there is(are) rest her soul...kept him "a part" of our lives. Often, I wish it went one way or the other. He was an alcoholic who made the 1990's rather difficult. My parents were legally separated. My maternal grandfather received all the love I'd have given to my father. But... When my mother was dying, he had a will drawn up...
Going on my favorite discussion topic, the (wonderful) world of Ralph Lauren...When I see the indisputable preppier styling vs PRL (one would have to be blind to miss it:teach:), I wonder if "what might have been" with PRL. In any case...Having seen a few seasons come out now, I think this line has a more lasting appeal than other youth/collegiate brands. Hollister, American Eagle, Jack Wills, etc etc seem to become young looking. With rugby, assuming you retain the...
The bastards saw fit to bill me. Anyway, I was having a discussion with my friend on rugby vs polo. He's of the opinion that rugby and polo are about equal in terms of "quality." We accidentally met while walking to class, so we didn't have time to qualify exactly what 'quality' meant. How do you guys find it? Generally I like my button downs from rugby better than my PRL ones. The cloth on one of the oxfords is particularly nice. The direction/style/cut seems to be...
WIth my rather small credit limit, they could get screwed if they wait too long.
Has anyone had any issue with rugby billing? I have a transaction which is currently out for delivery (will probably arrive within 2 hours). This was a $129 order...which vanished from the ether. It never appeared on my credit card statement. Normally, I have always seen the transaction amount deducted IMMEDIATELY from the available credit on the account (a student account, only $300 credit limit, so not hard to keep track of). The transaction merchant/description...
To add to the mix, a Burberry item from the US occasionally turns up (my 2008 cotton shell, wool lining trench). Burberry is an interesting case. They do offer lots of European stuff, but it's at extraordinary prices for what it is. The Burberry sport line isn't my style for streetwear, and regardless of my income, I will not wear £1,200 worth of clothing to the gym. Here's what I'd pay for American/Western European goods. This is what I am willing and able to pay at...
Hmm. I think you're right. I bought the grey and a pair of the vintage slim miner jeans in 33 x 32. As luck would have it I found a pair of J Crew British Taupe khakis that I completely forgot about in the closet, so I saved $40 instead of buying the same damn thing (identical color and cut).
I have a sweater dilemma: Grey or blue http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=11807484&categoryId=3755337&cp=3768060 I like the shaggy shetland patch sweater... Call me influenced by advertising, but the grey goes well with jeans, and the blue looks great with khakis. I wear both in more or less equal measure. I am ordering the khakis that the blue is pictured with anyway (vintage chino university pant; british taupe). Would grey sweater with british tapue...
Pray excuse me, asshole.
13" is a possible circumference measurement for an adult man? I shudder to imagine what dimensions Rugby's skinny fits were designed for.