or Connect

Posts by Amelorn

With rugby though, I've never had a problem waiting for a given season to go on sale and snag stuff I earmarked in prior weeks in my size...ever. This jacket has been a rarity. I could understand missing a size or two during the end of the season, but when I got the e-mail showcasing madras stuff, they were down to small, medium, and XL. Yesterday, it was small only. Oddly, today, it is now small and large. On another point, the jacket seems to be cut smaller than...
I went into the NYC university place location for the madras newbury jacket. $298 + taxes - $50 turned into $270. Not awful, but not that good. Unfortunately, I didn't have much of a choice to save on taxes, as online the only size left today is small. Why is inventory on this item so terrible? I was wondering whether I'd need a medium or large, but I definitely had to go with large. 85% of my wardrobe is medium, but I need to put the fucking fork down or else that...
It was 4am here at the time of writing, and my energy for superior composition was spent earlier in the day on an essay in geopolitics. Further, knowing what an SF thread can degenerate into, why waste my time to compose a message in the overwrought style so beloved of the British? I used to type forum messages in the same formal English I'd write correspondence (I do have the odd occasion to handwrite a letter) or academic work with. However, developing a reputation...
I was kicking about the archives of a forum called flyertalk, where frequent flyer program and airline business enthusiasts congregate. I fall into the latter category as it's really quite an interesting industry. I had come across an interesting discussion on dress in premium cabins, that is J/business and F/first. Both sides were championed by guys in their early to mid twenties, so at 22, I was interested in the diverging opinions of my demographic. One argued for...
The plot is essentially the lives and trials of British Edwardian mid-level aristocrats. I found that moderately interesting. World events form a vague "guideline" for the plot, as obviously one's actions are linked to the time in which one lives. It's not a high octane plot, but that's not the point.
Amen to that.
According to a Japanese friend of mine, she and her mother tend to only make it on special occasions. So, while yes, it is considered an art, housewives prepare it as well. Of course, a housewife's preparation will generally look like the basic or "traditional" section of your local place's take-out menu: cucumber, tuna, salmon, and yellowtail mak are the 4 pillars.Items featuring 4 kinds of fish, chef's special sauce, mayo, tempura crunch and a fried outer layer are...
Problem the 1st: I am in St Andrews, Scotland. The rugby store is in Covent Garden, London.Problem the 2nd: No online shopping for the uk.Problem the 3rd: Ralph Lauren's pricing structure in the UK is different than in the US. In the US, it's basically affordable. In the UK, it's a luxury brand. For example, a flannel sport shirt that I could get in Lord and Taylor for $75-100 cost my friend £140, or $215. I That said, if I'm in London for another reason, I'll swing...
Finally got my order. It arrived at my home in NY, and I then waited for my father to forward it to me at my UK address. The sweater is nice and surprisingly warm for its weight. The slim miner jeans are the godsend I've been waiting for. All in all, I'm very happy.
If they did presales, this small fellowship here would clean out the shop. And I'm OK with that.