or Connect

Posts by Amelorn

I am rather surprised to hear this. I thought the treasure-trove I saw in RL's Tung Chung outlet store in HK was the last hurrah.I'll pop into NYC tomorrow and check out the Marshall's/TJ stores. When Rugby operated, Century 21 (mecca for upper-middle class bottom-feeding label whores in the NYC metro area) always carried Rugby a small assortment of rugby stuff. When I was in the Lincoln Center C21 this past Monday, I didn't see any. That inventory is reaching TJX...
Nope. It was this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-Rugby-navy-blue-slippers-shoes-size-11-made-in-England-/290924795009 Today I am bound for Singapore. If I have a few free hours, I may hop over to Johor (45 minutes from central SIngapore, just over the Malaysian border) where there is one of the other RL outlet shops serving Asia.
There's feminists and "feminists." The latter lack academic training or rigorous independent reading, simply using the term to validate the axe they have to grind against men. There's enough of these women to taint the term "feminism." I have noticed with actual modern feminists a respect for motherhood as a valid occupation. The last generation of 2nd wave (1950s/60s) feminists did have a tendency to shy away from anything domesticThis generally comes with the...
Sorry, but I am leaving HK tomorrow morning. Also, there were no patches. Prices were roughly $35 US for a shirt or $45 for the trousers. Blazers worked out to $100-120. Buying 5+ items conferred a 30% discount. The prices I have stated reflected that discount. Compared with some of rugby fire sales, these items weren't being given away, but they are still extremely cheap compared with what RL commands on the international market. I am just surprised that the...
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am in Hong Kong now and have found veritable treasure trove of rugby stuff. I was in the official RL factory outlet in Tung Chung near the airport. This is one of the few RL outlets in Asia, and I found it absolutely loaded with Rugby stuff: polos, belts, shirts, chinos, the odd purse, some blazers with the crossed tennis racquets, t-shirts, etc. I was shocked to see such a huge stock still extant. And anything being purchased was...
I see this as an indictment of American office/corporate culture and practices more than those 3 people. The joke was comparatively harmless and not (apparently) targeting anyone in particular.
This is probably just an exercise in the NK politics of brinkmanship. However, if it weren't, China would not enter a war siding with NK. China has a $125 B trade surplus (if I am not mistaken) with SK. Also, that would involve a war with their major investment, the USA. China prefers a divided Korea, arguably as the US may as well. NK provides a bit of distance between China and rival powers. That said, China is not a particularly "revisionist" power, and the order...
Agreed. Virtual schooling is very "middle class." Think of the uproar once a lower income family were demanded to provide a certain spec'ed laptop, internet, and such.
Still though, I can't help but feel as if turning a Rugby store into a D&S is desecrating the corpse.
Render unto Caesar (salads)....