or Connect

Posts by Slippybee

I occassionally wear a pair of dark mahogany wholecuts with a dark navy suit on a Friday as my one "Casual Friday" concession and sometimes an oxblood Oxford. Never had any form of criticism from anyone. I suspect as much because most of the chaps I work with in the bank seem to struggle to find a working iron and a shoe brush most days so my "rule-breaking" slips under the radar. I suspect the majority of men have very few pairs of formal shoes. If you're going to just...
This may not be the best example but PMoK has got more swagger in his little finger than I'll acquire in a lifetime.
I work for myself in the City of London in the investment banking and insurance sectors. Ive worked in the industry all my working life. There's an expectation ( albeit sadly diminishing) that people will dress to a particular standard. The loosening of these standards actually makes it easier for somebody relatively spic and span to stand out in a positive way. Once you accept you'll be suited and booted every day this attention to what you wear can either be seen as a...
Code:Yup. 'fraid so.
Fruit of the loom heavy cotton T's. Cheap and durable. Pick them up for Amazon for buttons.
^ This. In buckets.
Geezer, you must be a rare exception. I work in the Square Mile, in one the UK's ever-popular investment banks. I wear black monkstraps on occasion but very rarely see another pair. What I do see are lots of square-toed loafers and the occasional pair of ridden hard, put away wet Derbies. Having worked in the City on and off for the last twenty years I can confirm its reputation for any sort of male sartorial elegance is grossly inflated. The best dressed City workers...
I've a khaki Barbour and an olive green Hackett field jacket. Love them both. The Hackett's lined so better for the Autumn and is just getting to the sort of "lived-in" state I like them to look. The barbour's still a little too box-fresh.
You allude to making other efforts in terms of your appearance. Without wishing to pry would these other efforts include dieting/weightloss? If they do then I'd strongly advise leaving any major revisions to your wardrobe until your weightloss has plateaud. It won't do you any harm to add some staples as you progress and get these tailored as your body shape changes but in the period while you're dieting/ exercising more I'd suggest spending this in investigation rather...
I've three pairs of the Bulldog model. I agree they're expensive but they look great by the pool (even if the rest of my sad, decaying carcass doesn't). I umm'd and ahh'd over getting a couple of pairs of the Setters for this year but have held fire so far.Which type are you looking at?