or Connect

Posts by Slippybee

Code:Yup. 'fraid so.
Fruit of the loom heavy cotton T's. Cheap and durable. Pick them up for Amazon for buttons.
^ This. In buckets.
Geezer, you must be a rare exception. I work in the Square Mile, in one the UK's ever-popular investment banks. I wear black monkstraps on occasion but very rarely see another pair. What I do see are lots of square-toed loafers and the occasional pair of ridden hard, put away wet Derbies. Having worked in the City on and off for the last twenty years I can confirm its reputation for any sort of male sartorial elegance is grossly inflated. The best dressed City workers...
I've a khaki Barbour and an olive green Hackett field jacket. Love them both. The Hackett's lined so better for the Autumn and is just getting to the sort of "lived-in" state I like them to look. The barbour's still a little too box-fresh.
You allude to making other efforts in terms of your appearance. Without wishing to pry would these other efforts include dieting/weightloss? If they do then I'd strongly advise leaving any major revisions to your wardrobe until your weightloss has plateaud. It won't do you any harm to add some staples as you progress and get these tailored as your body shape changes but in the period while you're dieting/ exercising more I'd suggest spending this in investigation rather...
I've three pairs of the Bulldog model. I agree they're expensive but they look great by the pool (even if the rest of my sad, decaying carcass doesn't). I umm'd and ahh'd over getting a couple of pairs of the Setters for this year but have held fire so far.Which type are you looking at?
In addition to those already posted; Sharp suits - Eric Musgrave (as much for the excellent photography as anything else) Some pocket guides ABC of Men's fashion - Hardy Amies A well dressed gentleman's pocket guide - Oscar Lenius Possibly more of a guide to the origins of menswear staples Icons of Men's style - Josh Sims
For the sake of clarity is this leap happening at sea-level? Is it from a standing position or could one be leaping from the roof of a moving vehicle or the limber of a gun carriage or such like? Apologies for the possible pedantry but in these cases precision must be our watchword!
Had another delivery from Vanda Fine Clothing waiting for me when I returned home this evening. Old news I suppose but God their stuff is lovely. Part of me hopes they slightly dissapoint me on an order one day so I can stop buying stuff from them. No luck so far. Can't recommend them enough.