or Connect

Posts by Minarchist

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt So, eventually somebody is going to name a guy who still works in a kitchen. God damn it, Foodnetwork. Post #15? He's still in there most every night.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.P What kind of bike do you use? I used to cycle to work in cycling clothes, go straight to the locker room where I kept spare office clothes, take a shower, put on my suit and go up. Took an extra 30 minutes in the morning, though. I use this one. Well, an older model, still has some Tiagra components. Threw some Shimano SPD-SL pedals on it. It does take a bit longer, though for me I only have to wake up 15...
I bike to the office most days in the summer; 8 miles each way. But I'd be crazy to try to do it in nice clothes -- it's all spandex. Then shower at the YMCA (conveniently located half a mile down from the office), and change when I get there with clothes conveniently brought on the one day a week I drive. I suppose you could do it on a European-style touring bike, the kind you see old men tooling around on in Sweden, but you'd have to go like five miles an hour. That'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lonneker Are you guys serious? Where do you work? I think their site used to be much racier... I work in the Vatican, for the Pope. Obviously.
Quote: Originally Posted by acidboy and you know what else? I wear t-shirts with shorts. and sometimes its a t-shirt with some rock band's name on it. omg!!!!! Burn the heretic! I'm a cyclist, so....yeah. Aside from the obvious, I have a couple pairs I'll wear around the house in the ludicrously hot southern summer, and maybe to a friend's house if I know we'll be there until the wee hours of the morning. Always get some offbeat comments...
Grant Achatz?
Quote: Originally Posted by BoomDiggs Do any of you guys use "no nose" or "split nose" seats? I hate the numbness associated with a ride and then I read this NY Times Article about these seats. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/28/science/28tier.html This is relevant to my interests. After getting a true metered fitting, I've had a lot less problems with the Tingle in my Dingle (I would highly recommend a good fitting, one that actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by DerekS im in nashville. no such thing as a beach. and when i was in florida, i spent my time at the bar in deck shoes. The ONLY acceptable place for a guy to wear sandals is at the beach. There is NO excuse for a man to wear flip flops with jeans and a button up to a bar. which is what happens here all the time. Sounds like you've been spending a lot of time in the Belcourt area or on 2nd avenue. I like to think...
That Kiton... Would you mind adding if there's any length in the sleeves to be let out to your OP measurements?
Quote: Originally Posted by DidYouknow The word Recession when people use it as an excuse for being to lazy to get a job. The words brilliant, touche, indeed. Touché. Not exactly a word per se, but this relatively recent (<10 years) trend of all the guy's and girl's who make their word's plural by adding apostrophe's before the s's. I swear no one this until I was in college. And I grew up in sticksville, Kentucky. Why did this suddenly...