or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

AE football leather was actually made out of pigskin though (like a football), and it was extremely tough. Pin grain leather is still calf based no? Not the same thing at all really. If EG pin grain is anything like GG pin grain, then i would personally pass. It does not feel malleable to me...
Are you sure that EG cannot/won't make a Dover in cordovan?A Dover collection is not complete without at least one Dover in cordovan IMO...
Cordovan Dover...?
To add to this, wouldn't the RTW insole effectively be made wider and longer if hammered flat? If the process of forming a footprint effectively compresses and creates concave surfaces on the insole. It would make sense to me, that the added surface space of the new concave (compressed) space would add to the overall width and length of a used RTW insole if hammered back flat. The extra surface has to go somewhere doesn't it? Unless those concave surfaces are crumbled...
@DWFII can you pride us a pic of a leather insole, fit for bespoke work (hand lasting)? You have mentioned many times how much thicker a bespoke quality insole is, but i'm trying to gauge how much thicker it is in comparison to the typical GYW insole pictured above. It would give me an idea of how much cork is really substituted in that empty space, in comparison to a bespoke offering. Thank you in advanced good sir...
When that day comes, you shall be known hence forth as Lord of the Dovers, or The Dover-lordYour choice...
Some people say only after you reach the 11th pair threshold, can you really have a solid understanding on a model...
I'm a Hove guy, but i'm the minority here. Can't go wrong with either IMO. Having said that, the Dover would probably go best if you are leaning more towards the casual side..
May I suggest to iron the shirt before asking for fit feedback? It's not a good representation of fit otherwise...
It felt like a rhetorical question as I was typing it...