or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

Rev back to troll the forum? I approve...
I was going to bring up the Compass Box situation, already signed the petition.However, I believe it's more regarding blend makers disclosing the various distillers used to make said blend. Which is another sad predicament.
For me, it's about full disclosure. Like that tag on an article of clothing indicating the fabric composition. It might not be an important element for everyone to know, but it's important information to those in search of quality. It has not been an issue for distilleries in the past to clearly mark the age on their bottlings. Sure it has a lot to do with the whiskey shortage world wide, but it suggests that they are aware of the marketing misstep of being transparent...
This is my understand of the whole scotch industry in general. Demand is exceeding supply by a lot, not good for an industry that requires 12-25 years to produce it's best products.The NAS strategy is a bandaid IMO, and i'm fearful for the future of quality scotch availability.
That's strange indeed, even my local Walmart has MAC 10 and 12 at the ready. You can still get the full range at both TotalWine stores here central FL. Local shops carry the usual suspects MAC 10, 12, 15, and usually a bottle or two of 18 still as well.The only NOS MAC i have seen is that Rare Cask bottling, which I refuse to believe is better than a similarly priced bottle of MAC 18. The only MAC I truly miss is the cask strength NOS version, but A'bunadh will do in a...
May I ask for your validation on this? I didn't know MAC was going all NAS now. The 18 is a little more difficult to find now, but the rest of their ages statement bottling a are readily available where I am.Great recommendation, I'm a big fan of this underrated distillery.
[[SPOILER]] Complete agreement on the Highland Park suggestion of 18 / 25, and I would add the 15 as well. You should give Laphroaig Quarter Cask or Lagavulin 12 cask strength / 16 a shot as if you enjoy peat and sherry. I would also recommend you give some Japanese stuff a try, but the good ones are a bit difficult to find (and generally overpriced) at this point in the game.
I have a morbid question, which I will try to ask delicately. Can this house survive the passing of Mr. Liverano? How much responsibility does the old maestro still bare on his shoulders right now, be it in tailoring or business means. Is there a suitable substitute to lead this house when the time comes? What percentage of tailoring houses continue to flourish after their founders have passed I wonder? Especially those that don't have family in the business to...
I have noticed my last x3 GG shoes (all Arran boots) all have these track marks running parallel to most seams. I figured it was due to the sewing wheel while the upper was stitched. It is not something I have seen before on my GG shoes, and figured it was just a slight drop in production quality. No other new issues otherwise for me...
"Goodyear Superior Welt Construction", marketing term coined...