or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

Not sure if anyone has tried JW Green label, but it's a good single malt blend. A nice Islay take on JW...
For all the crap that Macallan gets (and some is well earned), i still enjoy the 12yr as my go too. It has a great palette cleansing effect on me, any that is priceless on those days you eat something that just didn't taste right. MAC 18 is a good dram in my book, but It is overpriced for the most part. I still want to pick up a 25 year one of these days, taste the finished evolution of this malt...
Balvenie makes a good scotch, my favorite of theirs is the 21yr Portwood. I have a vintage bottling, and it's a heck of a dram, good stuff...
You might just be a cask strength fan like I am then, a good CS always blows my mind. Particularly loving Lagavulin CS 12 yr... In comparison, most scotches at the US standard 43% alcohol need a little bit of patience to really draw out all of the flavors. Two different experiences, one is a journey, the other a flash bang grenade...
This is true...
I have heard as much, but the material seems more in tune with summer wear IMO...
My biggest issue with shell is that it's incredibly warm on my feet, thanks to its dense nature. It's like wearing mini ovens on my feet here in FL, and I have regretted all of my shell purchases. I will give suede a try. Thanks to its more porous nature, it should fit the bill...
Since there will be no Shanklin in mink suede order from Skoak. You gents let me know if a GG GMTO Arran in mink suede might be of interest as an alternative. GG06 last I presume...
I would be down for mink suede as well, maybe Skoak will make a fall Shanklin version in mink?
These are all good points as well, and I suppose it's why I don't participate in the forum like I use to. I am finding less corners with new information, and too much of everything else you described.I have thoughts on the cachet vs craftsman topic, but I will reflect on it some more as well...