or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

Not a complaint at all, I'm just trying to get an idea on what the baseline is on the burgundy antique, so that I can request it either darker than usual or normal. Thank you for the info, as always...
The Skoak website shows these a lot darker in color, especially in comparison to the Inverness on their website.@Leaves, is there a color difference between your stock Inverness and Beaulieu? I believe they are both in burgundy antique...
@grc1, that is a rough situation. When i go to the up-coming GG NY trunk show this October, i will take the opportunity to get Dean's advice on my MTO sizing. I like my boot fittings, but i did notice a little heel slip on my Hoves...
OK, I understand now, you were asking about the specs.Vintage chestnut & dark brown English grain
Would it be too redundant to get this DOAK Dover, if I already have a GG Hove in DOAK?
I forget the exact details, but i use all Saphir products. If i recall, I darken the chestnut a little bit with some brown cream, and have been burnishing the toe and heel with brown wax (with light brown wax on the rest of the chestnut upper). I think i even added a touch of dark brown wax on the toe box a bit ago.Hope that helps...
I look forward to seeing the results...
Lesson learned, don't mess with crust leather...
I had been adding black polish to the bleached toe, and it was disappearing. Then like a jack-ass, i try to shampoo it off, and stripped the finishing off of the toes. They are now back with GG, hoping for some magic...
Yes. I think i do a pretty decent job, the deco-black blunder notwithstanding...