or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

The conclusion to this thread has made me lose hope in the new Menswear Advice forum.
Anyone have the Firenze loafers? Interested in hearing thoughts on fit, appearance, and durability over time. They feel soft and comfortable in store, but i don't know if they deteriorate quickly.
Vintage cherry looks like the best base to start from. If your budget is tight, asking for a dark vintage cherry would probably do. However, it sounds like only an exact patina match will satisfy. Just pay the extra for a custom patina then, don't even bother with simply a darker burnished cherry. As for the last you need DG70 for sure if you want the kind of tapered round toe pictured. Good luck, and enjoy.
If it's anything like other brand's midnight blue, I'm thinking leather lotion / conditioner and neutral polish.
Gents, does AE still have some form of MTO program going?
Try a little talcum powder, worked for me.
As an alternative, you should take a look at No Man Walks Alone affiliate website (also based in NYC). They have some Inis Meain pub jackets that might fit the bill.
This is the same size i ordered for my blind VASS order, and it was incredibly cramped for me as well. Even more so probably because i take a half size larger than you in general i believe. Even so, these look good enough to give me short term amnesia...
The Deco last is not for everyone (including myself), the others are lovely though.