or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

Your observations are fair. I have noticed the leather does lose a little color in the creases on some colors, and the finishing on new soles does not like water for sure. I have not experienced the easy sole denting or upper collapsing on the arch like that though.I would email that arch pic to GG, see what they advise. You might get some answers.
I would differ to your daughter's requested attire here. If black tie is specified for all the guests, i would try to oblige. If there is no real attire directive, it would depend on time of day. If it's a day wedding go with your light grey suit, if an evening wedding, try to go with something darker like a charcoal or navy suit. My two cents...
If you have ever bought a Goodyear welted shoe, you have already done this.VASS shoes are arguably better constructed than most shoe brands we talk about on this forum. It's interesting that you would suggest the opposite because their old school techniques limit the way they can attach rubber soles on their shoes. The shoe orthodoxy considers rubber soles a half measure, which is probably why they are not set up to "do it properly".As far as their construction being...
GG derbies fit me differently than GG oxfords, and i found myself with a little heel slip on these. So they pretty much don't get much wear. Which is a shame, i like the model a lot.Considering you take a half size smaller than me in AE, they might not work out for you. I suspect you might be a 10 G in GG shoes. Consider me a bad salesmen...
Thanks, Razl! Much appreciated.
Selling my Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 watch with 2 alligator bands (brown & black). Used the watch less than 10 times. Light scratches on case side and clasp, moderate scratches on reverse side of lugs. I experimented with changing bands, and this was the unfortunate result. Lug scratches not visible when wearing watch, price reflects condition. Specifications: Movement: Automatic Self Winding Calibre 5 with Approx. 38Hr. Power Reserve Crown: Winding Case:...
Selling my used GG Hoves in Vintage Oak, MH71 last size UK 10.5 G Width (NO shoe trees). This was a MTO which i speced with 3 sets of eyelets instead of the usual 4. Black welt and black lining. Shoes are in good condition, scuffs & scratches on the heels, worn about 20 times. I am asking $600 $550 shipped in CONUS. Price includes used GG Hoves, GG box, GG shoe bags (NO shoe trees). Paypal only please, will send invoice payment request. This is my first SF sale, but...
Thank you for the info. I also noticed that it was more generous than my AE Verona 2 size. They felt comfortable and casual to me, but they don't look like they will hold up well.I completely agree with your assessment of this loafer's Ferragamo inspiration, their Italian collection is meant to directly compete with certain brand loafers for sure. The Verona is also quite inspired by the classic Gucci loafer. I like the Verona enough, but after 3 pairs i'm ready to try...
Shoe story of my life on this forum...
Try a dab of saphir renovateur, it should take just a touch off the polish Incase there is too much applied on the shoe.