or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

The DG70 needs to be seen in person to truly gauge whether or not it's too pointy for you. If you have never been turned off by a pointy last, then order the DG70, you should be pleased. If not, the safe bet would be the MH71 IMO...
Haha, no worries, I just wanted to press the insides a bit is all. Which I did today, and I'm quite satisfied, so I'll keep the Independence insole on my MTO.
Insoles are serious StyleForvm business. You should visit the Leather Quality thread sometime...
See to complicate things more, the 1 1/2 year old poron insole i took apart definitely did not have a leather insole base. I do not know if they changes the way the poron sole was designed in that 1 1/2 year gap, but i will give them be benefit of the doubt i guess...
It would seam that you are setting yourself up to fail if you expect the old SR guard to make you a fashion-forward suit. If you don't like the drape cut, you are contradicting yourself by insisting on a long established SR tailor. Maybe the correct question is, if you are looking for fashion forward, why Savile Row?
So, i emailed Allison yesterday to edit my MTO insole choice, i had originally asked for the Independence insole. I stated i did not want the poron, and if she can clarify if the Independence insole was poron based. This was her response today:The independence insole has the base of a standard leather insole, then we put a heel pad on it with a leather sock liner over the top of that. A poron insole is a leather base with memory foam covering the entire insole with a...
Haha, i see his shoes on ebay all the time, but his seconds prices are quite steep (almost first quality price). Someone must be buying them i guess, don't know who, but someone...
It's just a completely synthetic insole is all, straight down to the cork filler, with the gemming glued right to it. From the model i dissected, the poron is a two layer memory foam & flexible fiber insole. I don't like the idea of a flexible synthetic insole is all, doesn't sit well with me. To each his own though, my intention was not to start a fire in this thread.
I hope it's not Edwards of Manchester...
Man, i hope that's not the case, otherwise i will have to change my order details to the half sock liner. I'm not doing Poron again...