or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

Since there will be no Shanklin in mink suede order from Skoak. You gents let me know if a GG GMTO Arran in mink suede might be of interest as an alternative. GG06 last I presume...
I would be down for mink suede as well, maybe Skoak will make a fall Shanklin version in mink?
These are all good points as well, and I suppose it's why I don't participate in the forum like I use to. I am finding less corners with new information, and too much of everything else you described.I have thoughts on the cachet vs craftsman topic, but I will reflect on it some more as well...
You can add Old Pulteney 12 (or 17) to the list, a well priced and highly underrated malt...
Very true, I do believe that marketing holds a lot of blame here. People should ideally have all of the info before making a choice.You are also correct that lots of people just don't know (or care to know) on this forum. Plenty of shoe threads are content to make a cult like experience out of the discussion. My problem is when people bring up this debate on such threads, as a form of condescension or elitism. The point is not to educate, but to troll or judge someone...
While I do tire of the debate, I don't pretend to defend GYW. I know what I'm getting when I buy GG shoes, I truly do. For me however, I have a mental shoe checklist of characteristics that I look for in shoes I want at the moment. Hand welted construction is only one of those boxes. All things being equal, if you were to tell me what construction option would I rather have, I would want HW of course. Now, if you told me that I had an option between a HW shoe that did...
Ow, goodness...can we please stop...
You don't say? Well done...
Some colors that look a little too bold in pictures, look just great IRL. This was a great example, vintage cherry is not too red at all, it's just right...
Arrived today from Skoak, never got around to getting this shoe until now...