or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

I would be down for mink suede as well, maybe Skoak will make a fall Shanklin version in mink?
These are all good points as well, and I suppose it's why I don't participate in the forum like I use to. I am finding less corners with new information, and too much of everything else you described.I have thoughts on the cachet vs craftsman topic, but I will reflect on it some more as well...
You can add Old Pulteney 12 (or 17) to the list, a well priced and highly underrated malt...
Very true, I do believe that marketing holds a lot of blame here. People should ideally have all of the info before making a choice.You are also correct that lots of people just don't know (or care to know) on this forum. Plenty of shoe threads are content to make a cult like experience out of the discussion. My problem is when people bring up this debate on such threads, as a form of condescension or elitism. The point is not to educate, but to troll or judge someone...
While I do tire of the debate, I don't pretend to defend GYW. I know what I'm getting when I buy GG shoes, I truly do. For me however, I have a mental shoe checklist of characteristics that I look for in shoes I want at the moment. Hand welted construction is only one of those boxes. All things being equal, if you were to tell me what construction option would I rather have, I would want HW of course. Now, if you told me that I had an option between a HW shoe that did...
Ow, goodness...can we please stop...
You don't say? Well done...
Some colors that look a little too bold in pictures, look just great IRL. This was a great example, vintage cherry is not too red at all, it's just right...
Arrived today from Skoak, never got around to getting this shoe until now...
Skoak is the best, grail GG St. james in vintage cherry arrived: Now I wait for my x3 Arran MTOs in a few months...