or Connect

Posts by JubeiSpiegel

OK, I understand now, you were asking about the specs.Vintage chestnut & dark brown English grain
Would it be too redundant to get this DOAK Dover, if I already have a GG Hove in DOAK?
I forget the exact details, but i use all Saphir products. If i recall, I darken the chestnut a little bit with some brown cream, and have been burnishing the toe and heel with brown wax (with light brown wax on the rest of the chestnut upper). I think i even added a touch of dark brown wax on the toe box a bit ago.Hope that helps...
I look forward to seeing the results...
Lesson learned, don't mess with crust leather...
I had been adding black polish to the bleached toe, and it was disappearing. Then like a jack-ass, i try to shampoo it off, and stripped the finishing off of the toes. They are now back with GG, hoping for some magic...
Yes. I think i do a pretty decent job, the deco-black blunder notwithstanding...
GG custom Wigmores today: First time wearing them with light beige trousers, looks fine IMO...
I suspect it might be one of those things that shoe manufacturers just don't give enough effort on. On shoes I have seen with the heel firmly planted flat, there is a layer in the heel that is trimmed slightly on one side compensate for the rise of the outsole at the heel. It would seem that some practice is needed to get the angle right on that layer, so that the heels lay flat. Probably something some RTW manufacturers don't think is worth the time to do...
I have seen just as much "spring" from the back on some shoes, as for the front on plenty of RTW shoes. My understanding was also that a good heel should be parallel to the ground...