or Connect

Posts by Presto87

Reply to my earlier post RE: Loafers. Thoughts?? .... for that price?! http://www.ferragamo.com/webapp/wcs/...3366305/472980
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere Herringbone have the C&J Sydney I believe Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman As noted above, Herringbone stock some C&J loafers. I'm sure that places like Harrolds would also stock some, but I'm equally sure that they will be horrendously expensive! Cheers for the reminder gents! Had seen previously on their summer catalogue - unfortunately their (relatively) new online...
Gents, Looking to purchase a pair of (preferably brown) loafers in SYD. Any recommendations?! Had no luck thus far unfortunately ...
Quote: Originally Posted by neyus ... I saw RM Williams have released a captoe adelaide shoe. Its on page 4 of their latest catalogue. You can view it online. http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...63#/310c7263/6 Wow - News to me! Anyone with further info./reviews?! Had planned a purchase of black yearling craftsman within the next 3+ months ... might have to re-think ....
Yea I noticed ... I didn't want to start another debate on the hang vs. roll argument ... I've decided on rolling: a) because of lack of wardrobe/closet storage space b) protection from dust. I'm hoping to purchase the box from the OP (or similar), and store in a bedside drawer. But, in saying that: my question is also concerning quality ... how is the hanger? not in terms of effectiveness - but quality of construction etc.
http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-49-cedar-tie-box.aspx I came across this after a SF search ... but haven't read any reviews as yet. I'm looking to purchase close to 20 ties in the next few months, and the product description says it stores 12 (seems like a stretch though). Would two of these be adequate? Any members own it, and care to comment? ... or suggest an alternative?
JohnsNotHere, I actually called in a few weeks back - and the GM was happy to schedule a fitting for a MTM over the weekend (usually closed) - but when I called in on the Friday to confirm (and left a message with an assistant/rep) ... the call wasn't returned. Now the website is down, and all e-mails are bouncing back! Anyone know what has happened to Yensen?!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum ... Not sure what your question is here? If you don't have the necessary height to hang them full length then over the bar is the only option ... Was meant to ask: for any other ideas/options for storage ... Quote: Originally Posted by Neo1824 in terms of hanging...if you google the 'savile row fold' you will find a way of folding the pants legs over each other that helps...
Guys, I'm new to the MC scene (corporate wardrobe for work). Looking to purchase dress slacks, and have a few basic questions. - It's been asked before, but in terms of length/break ... hemming above the heel of shoes (or at my natural heel, without shoes) ... means that when I'm sitting, my socks are on display - is this the norm?? - Wardrobe storage ... instead of folding, I'd like to hang them - but they slide off the bar. I do know that one can purchase hangers...
... and a request: can someone please post comparison shots of: - The Yearling (last) Vs. Macquarie - Macquarie Welted Vs. Macquarie Screwed ... both from top view if possible. Cheers.