or Connect

Posts by jhilly8982

USCtrojan, you made a good point about the shoes, I know that all my previous "luxury for the mass" brand of shoes are crap compared to an AE brand. I completely agree that they will be far superior. Also, as a member of a couple BMW forums, most of the well respected members and purists enjoy some of the more classic early model cars to their current offerings and in general all are fans of the brand. Same with the watch community, everyone appreciates the current...
Quote: Originally Posted by miurasv You've obviously got the dough and appreciate nice things but you do seem to be making a big deal about not buying a good pair of shoes but it's your money and you can make your own choices and buy what you want or not as the case may be. It seems like everyone else is making it a big deal, I will probably buy the AE's. until a day or so ago, if you asked me if Cole Hann and Allen Edmonds were in the same...
I have decent shoes, I normally wore black shoes, I have a Johnston and murphy cap toe Oxford in black that I normally wear with suits or dress pants and some trendy Kenneth Coles sneaker type shoes or red wing boots to wear with jeans. Also have a pair or two of jcrew casual lace ups in a suede material in light and dark brown. Until a couple days ago I guess I didn't really know what constitutes a good pair of shoes, still don't entirely know, not sure I entirely care....
Ok, I think you are taking this way to seriously. This is not a life or death situation, these are shoes, they won't make or break me. As far as the money goes, I could care less how much they cost, I dont recall ever making that big a deal about it. I was apprehensive at first but in the long the money isn't an issue. As far as enjoying finer things in life, again it doesn't make you a better man but it is nice to treat yourself. That being said, I do enjoy the finer...
Just tossing up a pick of my favorite watch and cigar.
Quote: Originally Posted by Patek Why do you only wear shoes 4 times a year? Do you run around in running shoes and flip-flops for the other 361 days? Trade up and wear shoes every day. Well I stand on my feet 8 hours a day in a trading pit, running shoes are a must.
Quote: Originally Posted by Quadcammer seller "allaboutshoes" or something in our own buy and sell forum. brand new http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=229174 Thanks, I will check it out!
Quote: Originally Posted by Quadcammer dude, you probably paid $150 for those cole haans. Strands are $230 That extra $80 is worth it. At 4 wears per year, the strands will last ages. the sting of the extra money will be forgotten quickly when you realize you bought a better looking, higher quality, more durable shoe. Can't find a pair on ebay in my size for $230, they have used pairs but buying used shoes is like buying used...
Quote: Originally Posted by kcshuffle The shoes are getting closer, though a lot of people around here dislike the split-toe so you might not get the best responses. Burn the tie in the middle, unless you matching cuffs Yeah, like I said, I am not sure about the shoes because of the split toe, maybe I will keep looking.
ok, so I spent some time looking at shoes, came home with these. Not sure if I want to spend the money on AE's right now because I wear dress shoes probably 4 times a year. Are they dressy enough? Are they ugly? Not sure how I feel about the seam down the toe but such is life. Anyways, you guys are the experts so let it rip. Also, pulled some more ties out of my closet, here is the best I could come up with. And to the person tha said my first tie looked cheap, it...