or Connect

Posts by adamadelaide

Looking for some size advice for the Oscar, Inca and Detroit lasts. A Brannock has me at a UK11 with a wide-ish fit, however my main issue appears to be that the instep and ball of my foot is quite thick. I have a pair of derby brogues in the Forest last, UK 11, which fit okay (now). They caused me issues when I first got them, mainly because they were too small around the ball of my foot (suspect an 11.5UK would fit just fine - thoughts?). Fortunately they've stretched...
My first order from Epaulet arrived today! I ordered the navy canvas rivet chinos (34), a brown belt, white cutaway oxford (L), and Rudy Cramertons (34). This will be no surprise to anyone here, but the rivets are fantastic, the fabric, fit, construction are all great. I was concerned they'd be too snug in the thigh, but whilst they're pretty slim on me, they're far from skin-tight territory and I'm really happy with how they look. You can't really say too much about a...
Thanks for the reply, looks like large it is.I'm not convinced that shoulder measurements are really comparable between brands/sites, it does not seem like there's much consistency in how they're measured.
I'm putting together an order for some Rudys and Rivets (and maybe a belt and..) and thought I'd give a shirt a shot. I'm looking for some advice with the Epaulet sizing.. I'm 6'2, 40 chest with a 7 inch drop, and what I think are slightly wider than average shoulders. Most of my better-fitting shirts have shoulder measurements around the 18.5-18.75 mark. Would I be better off in a large or a medium? Is there a significant difference in arm or waist width between a medium...
Does anyone have any recommendations for a tailor for suit and shirt alterations in Adelaide? I'm looking to get some reasonably minor work done to a suit and a few shirts (collar lowered, sleeves shortened, waist taken in from trousers, darts/trimming of shirts). I've spoken to folks at DJs (Hugo Boss) and Rhodes and Beckett, both pointed to an alterations shop in Da Costa Arcade, 'Ann' ALT Professional Alterations.' Forum search here also has mention of Joe Izzo, but...
Hi Guys, Decided to register after many months lurking here and elsewhere. I'm in my mid-20s and attempting to improve my general dress sense and wardrobe. I started down this path after traveling through Europe, where I couldn't help but notice how much better in comparison the average guy on the street dresses. The vast majority of people (myself included) in Aus/Adelaide appear to dress really poorly, especially when it comes to more classic/business wear....