or Connect

Posts by Grand Arcanum

Hey - I was wondering what everyone thought of Kenneth Cole shoes. I bought a new pair of Kenneth Cole Reaction (they look like loafers) and after only two months, it's already worn out really badly. The inside of the rear section is already ripped apart (it's still wearable because from the outside, nobody can see the damage inside and I admit, they're a hell of a f--king comfortable pair of shoes) and I was wondering if anybody else had similiar problems. Thanks.
First, congrats on netting an internship at Merril Lynch. Depending on the branch's dress code, I would suggest be subtle with your clothing. If it is casual, a polo with a nice pair of khakis would do. *The polo shirt should NOT have a "faded" look to it as many polo shirts do. It should be deeply colored and I'd go with a little diverse here... rust-colored red and forrest green polos would go nicely with khakis. You can be a little sleek with your belt and shoes- just...
I think J. Press in the Farragut West section of DC provides this kind of service... www.jpressonline.com
Regarding the SD topic that I posted this evening... I thought I'd also add a few things of interest. This is all from the magazine, FHM Collections US Edition #3... pg. 40 has an interview with Sandy Dalal... He is a designer for celebrities such as Ethan Hawke, Wyclef Jean, and Dicky Barrett (lead singer of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones). I don't know about the rest of you but according to the interview, for the Fall 2002 look, he is planning to design a line that...
In case you aren't familiar with his works, here are a few links that might give you a better picture of who he is as well as his approach to fashion: http://www.india-today.com/iplus/1998_4/sandy.html http://www.fashionindia.net/designers/sandy_dalal/ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv....199.htm http://staging.papermag.com/stylin....al etc., etc. Right now, his clothing are available in extremely limited quanities... if anyone know where I can check out his...
I voted for House... mainly because that's what I mostly wear. Independent brands tend to be quite expensive and keep in mind as a 20-year-old college student, I have a budget to keep a firm grasp on. A lot of the independents are slowly entering the mainstream culture and that's where they become a wee bit more affordable like Dolce & Gabbana (I'm not really a fan of them anyway), Lucky, Diesel, etc. I currently reside just right outside of Washington DC, and here,...
I don't think shaving against the grain is a good idea. Take my own personal experience- ever since I was thirteen years old, I struggled with acne... or so I thought they were. I taught myself how to shave and always shaved against the grain to maximize the smoothness of my face. Over time, I'd have consistent, little red bumps forming on my lower cheeks, etc. I always perceived them as acne and must have taken at least 20 different forms of medication for them. I even...
It should also be noted that while Borrelli makes exceptional clothing, especially dress shirts, his main competitor is Kiton. If you go to www.kiton.it (Italian domain), you can view his extensive collection, including the Windsor Duke collection... you really can't get any more British than this. The website also has a profound history of the company worth checking out.
Ironically, I was just in Georgetown this weekend, watching GWU's annual crew competition and I DID see some yacht experts with their collars up on their polos... Yes, it is as simple as it sounds... and it does give them quite an unique look. For some strange reason, it makes you look confident although if you don't act as if you are, you'll end up looking like a real fool, walking around passively with collars up.
Great list there... my favorite was number 4 - "anything Abercrombie and Fitch." Don't forget to add complimentary items to the list... such as Fossil watches, black cowboy hats with jeans, et al.