or Connect

Posts by acadiaspring

Hey guys, is any feedback/input any of you cool cats can provide me with on this particular sweater (or its crew neck counterpart). http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/VneckSweater~213740_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::DBB&CM_MERCH=IDX_Sale-_-Men-_-Tops-_-Sweaters-_-S&origin=index Sizing information would be particularly helpful since I am way too thin for most garments that are not XS. Really, what I am looking for its a low maintance, wash and wear sweater. It says...
Navi, perhaps my aesthetic sense is closely in line with Fred Rodgers', but, nevertheless, I am really digging the blue cardigan/red tie combo. Well done!
Although guilty on numerous occasions of donning this look, I also feel it is "not quite right." I think that wearing a properly fitting shirt and pants help make the look a little less "cell phone salesman in the mall" (not that there's anything wrong with selling cell phones), but nevertheless, it is still incomplete in my humble opinion. Speaking from my personal aesthetic sense, I feel that wearing a v-neck/crewneck sweater or a cardigan helps “complete” the look;...
Quote: Originally Posted by Digmenow Gone. I checked the sizes in both directions. Oh well...another day perhaps. Meanwhile, does anybody know what it says under this price tag? Starts with O (Maybe G?) and ends with HAM. Then it says CUSTOM FIT. Could it be GORHAM? Gingham?
Hello, I am looking to purchase cardigans and/or v-neck sweaters in size XS. J. Crew size XS fits me perfectly. Some size Small sweaters fit me as well. Brands like J. Crew/Gap/Land's End Canvas are all good. Thanks!
I just received the cardigan I ordered and it is 95% Cotton and 5% Cashmere. I never had a garment that contained cashmere before, and a lady friend of mine said not to dry it as this would cause MAJOR shrinkage (she emphasized major quite a bit, perhaps excessively since I got the point the first time). It fits absolutely perfect. Would tossing it in the dryer on low really shrink it badly?
The ill-fitting, short sleeve, cheap looking shirt, baggy pleated pants, and novelty tie is a pretty much the staple of the teachers’ wardrobe where I teach. This past school year (my first year), I tried to set the bar a little higher and invested in the best fitting suits I can find that are still within my limited budget (fake it till I make it?). I only have a few. So, I spent a good portion of my days in a shirt/tie with no jacket. I don’t like this look. Without a...
Thanks for the advice so far. I am looking for something unstructured. The blazer found here is more of what I am looking for in terms of look (and price). Unfortunetly, it is not stocked in a small.
I am looking for a versatile blazer that has a pretty slim fit. My chest is 33'' so it has been difficult finding a blazer that isn't a child's and fits well. Narrower lapels would be ideal. By versatile, I mean, something I can throw on with jeans or khakis. Navy would be my color of choice. The only ones that fit are kid's size 16 navy blazers with big gold buttons and big thick lapels. Trying them on brought me back to my days in Catholic elementary school... Sadly, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by viator OK, I'll bite: why is your apartment so dusty and smelly? And isn't that really more of a pressing concern than whether your suit is breathing? The apartment is old. It has poor air circulation, a damp basement, and a cluttered attic (which is directly above me). Of course, suggestions to move out, complain, etc. are all valid, but one is not an option and complaining has gotten me nowhere (which I...