or Connect

Posts by GatorStyle

I don't think wearing gloves makes you look like a "meathead" at all. As many women, older people, and first-timers wear them in my gym as do the most serious lifters. Personally, I wear them for most exercises but not all so I also get rough skin. Not a problem- the easiest way to deal with that is to use a moisturizer a few times a week. There's tons out there to choose from. I use one from Kiehl's that's made for the hands and other real dry body parts. A few times per...
Can anyone tell me a bit about Dormeuil? I am somewhat familiar with it, and its fabrics, but don't know a whole lot more than that. I ask because a local men's specialty shop is having a Dormeuil trunk show with a rep from London running the show. I know the owner (he's gotten to know me pretty well, since he's been a great source for some for some relatively hard-to-find stuff- e.g. Helmut Lang). He's been dropping hints about considering a custom made suit following...
It definitely looks sloppy. I've seen otherwise impeccably dressed men with that unbuttoned wrist (forearm?), and it just sort of spoils the complete package. Not unlike, say, wearing great suit trousers with the zipper down. Not a good look either.
You mentioned Kiehl's products so you must know about their Blue Herbal Astringent. I live on that stuff. I splash it on after shaving or washing with a cleanser, but before moisturizing. I haven't found another astringent/aftershave/etc. that does a better job of tightening up pores, and reducing their size. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot.
I'm curious as to when and how often the guys in this forum manage to get to the gym.  I'm most interested in what time of day for those of you out in the working world.   Obviously, schedules change big-time as between, say, college and the working world, as I have been lifting through both of those. With my current work-schedule and other obligations, I'm able to get to the gym 3-4 times per week, about 1-1/2 hrs. each visit.  Back in college, I could work out far...
As with most other "Western" fashion (bolo ties, huge belt buckles, etc.), think twice. And then again. And then, unless you live in Texas or Montana and rope cattle for a living, don't do it. A rodeo bullrider from Texas who wears cowboy boots? OK, I suppose. An accountant from Wisconsin? Ridiculous. A boy band member? Please.
I wanted to get some opinions on something I go back and forth about. I occasionally wear dark brown, side-zip Kenneth Cole ankle boots with navy/navy pinstripe suits in the winter. That whole brown-navy thing I think works pretty well for an English-style change of pace. Anyway, I have a black cashmere calf-length overcoat that serves as my main business winter coat. So what do you think: does the black coat/brown shoe deal work for you? My wife loves it, a few friends...
Unless your tailor is a miracle worker, it usually isn't a good idea to try and convert pleated pants into flat-fronts.  As I prefer flat-fronted pants in a big way, I tried that once and my tailor basically ruined the suit.  Your best bet is to avoid that in most instances. But to echo just about everyone in here, flat fronts are generally the way to go.  Much cleaner, trimmer, more stylish and modern lines.  And as to the crease, its probably a good idea to avoid...
I don't own a 3/4 length suit coat, but I have a few friends who do.  I'll try to get with them and check on that, and keep you posted.  My recollection is that they went- as you might expect- to a pretty specialized store, one that focuses upon more urban looks (not a bad place for you  guys to start).  I want to say Stacy Adams (known mostly for shoes, but they do suits, hats, etc) does a 3/4 length suit coat, but I could be wrong- you might want to do a few quick...