or Connect

Posts by GatorStyle

Although I did not buy them, I recall seeing white Irish linen pocket squares at the Nordstrom on Market Street in San Francisco about a year and a half to two years ago. My recollection is that they were Nordstrom's own brand, or possibly a name that I had never heard before. I have only silk squares, and only stumbled upon those while looking for others, so I don't remember much more.
I have a Ferragamo wallet that I diligently keep from bulging, but its still too bulky to keep in any pants pocket.  If I know I'm wearing a suit jacket, leather coat, overcoat, etc. I use that, but if not (i.e. around the office) I have a money clip and credit card case that I keep in opposite front pockets (try Tiffany sterling silver, very affordable, trim, and classically styled). As to keys, they're kept in a briefcase or desk drawer, or I often just hold them as I...
Here's my five (I wish I had 10, because the weeding-out process was tough), in no particular order: 1.)  Black turtleneck (preferably cashmere, but anything will do if it's well-fitting; maybe the most flattering thing a guy can wear) 2.)  The perfect pair of blue jeans (not too baggy, not too tight; well-worn; can be dressed up or down) 3.)  Like GQ Lawyer said, stylish, well-polished black shoes  (emphasis on the "well-polished"; a nice shine makes cheaper shoes...
I've dealt with different tailoring issues before, but not this one:  Today, I bought two Boss Hugo Boss suits off the rack at Saks Off 5th Ave.  The price was so great that I couldn't resist, but each has the same problem- the shoulders are way too padded for my taste.  I like a slimmer, trimmer jacket. So I bought the suits with big-time reservations, thinking that my tailor might be able to help.  Yet I also vaguely recall hearing horror stories from friends who...
I'm also pretty obsessive about making sure the belt buckle, pant zipper and shirt placket (down which the buttons run) are aligned, because they should be that way, and because the alternative looks pretty sloppy.   I also hate that shirt-bunching-up effect, so I try to buy tapered shirts that minimize that effect (and that are more flattering anyway).  But here's a tailoring trick that might help:  for a relatively inexpensive fee, a good tailor can insert a very...
Some great choices named so far. Boogie Nights, American Psycho, Swingers, Pulp Fiction, etc., are all among my favorites. But what about: - Fight Club (another favorite, I found it hilarious) - Any of the more recent British imports, especially the gangster flicks, or anything that Guy Ritchie does. Think Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Sexy Beast, etc. Even Trainspotting, in a different sort of way. All clever, all funny, all stylish.
Some Nordstrom's carry Kiehl's, some don't. The one by me, for example, never used to, but just started stocking it a few months ago. You should call yours to check.
The actual sequence can vary depending upon your individual needs or preferences, but what I think is the best sequence (for me at least) is this: Cleanse before shaving.  This enables you to get a better, closer shave, particularly if you use a blade (as opposed to electric- I alternate between the two).  Shaving an unclean face can introduce all sorts of problems, and the hot water softens and eases the process. After shaving, tone (for those keeping score, I'm a big...
Kiehl's Blue Herbal Astringent should definitely be a go-to product for oily skin but, like the previous post warns, be careful not to dry out your skin. Follow with a good moisturizer. If all else fails, you might want to experiment with Aramis Surface Shine Erasing Gel. It won't eliminate oiliness, but it will cut the glare and shine given off by oily skin, so that your skin doesn't look oily.
Though lots of old school sneakers have been mentioned here, I'm surprised not to have seen Adidas shelltoe Superstars brought up. Those, and the older Nike Air Cortez sneaks are staples in my wardrobe. For more modern stuff, I'm addicted to Adidas' new Sport Luxury (SL) line. Go with white and silver trim- clean lines, very cool. As for more sophisticated "urban streetwear" or "dress" sneakers, I offer this unpaid endorsement: Hyde. Loyal GQ readers, you probably noticed...