or Connect

Posts by GatorStyle

I bought a pair of black Kenneth Cole Chelsea boots not long ago.  I'm not sure if they're currently on the shelves of his stores, but I know you can easily buy it from his catalog, and probably online too.   Like most of his stuff in my opinion (I know there's been sort of a backlash against him recently, most likely because his stuff is everywhere), I still think his shoes offer a good blend of style, workmanship, and value. And I think Chelsea boots can be perfectly...
Three-buttons have definitely evolved beyond just a trend or a passing fashion, and ought to be a keeper for years to come.  Like you, I definitely favor 3-buttons and buy far more of them.  That said, I believe in diversifying your wardrobe, in terms of styles, colors, fabrics, and brands.   So if you favor 3 buttons, you should feel comfortable emphasizing that look and making that your go-to style.   Yet it couldnt hurt to mix it up a bit with a few 2 buttons (even...
Check out www.thetie.com. There are plenty of other websites out there (keep playing with variations of the word "tie" in your searches) that offer similar advice if you need it.
Not to rehash an old, spent topic (I recycled this from the very beginning) but I recalled there was some interest in finding self-tanners that actually work.  Most I'd tried before turned me yellow, and I wasn't a big fan of that cirrhosis of the liver-style complexion.  But I finally found one that does a great job, so I'd recommend you give it a shot.  Its made by Lab Series for Men, and I've only seen it at Sephora.  Very natural, no streaks, no yellow or orange...
That light blue number you've seen does look great with khaki suits- you should give that a try.  I've done that, and I've also worn khaki suits with a very light lavender/purple combo (solid, light lavender shirt and darker lavender/purple tie).  Kinda funky, works surprisingly well. But the best combo for khaki suits, I think, is a white shirt and solid black tie.  Simple, clean, elegant.  Looks great.  You'll see Sean Connery wearing that as James Bond in at least...
I think you answered your own question- what the hell, right?   Pink, if worn confidently, with the right combo, and in the right shade (neon, highlighter-bright pinks probably aren't the way to go) can look great on a guy.  Check out a busy London street on a workday- British guys all over the place wearing pink shirts under their Savile Row-tailored suits, and it looks as stylish as can be. I have a few pink shirts (actually by Thomas Pink, the shirtmaker), as well...
Inspired by the success of our recent topic on the five essential elements of style that every man should have, I give you the flip-side:  what, in your opinion, are the three most common style blunders that you see other guys stumble into? You might choose either the most frequently-observed mistakes (i.e. ones that too many guys make, over and over again) or, instead, the ones that just bother you the most (your own personal pet peeves).  This might include a...
Strictly old-school for me this year with what I think are the two most classic, elegant scents you can buy: Acqua di Parma and Creed Green Irish Tweed. Nothing else really has jumped out at me lately, and I don't think you can go wrong with either of those.
I've done that many times, though always in the same way. I basically "borrowed" (OK, stole) the idea from the pages of GQ- if you're a loyal reader, you've probably seen a number of instances in which various people- especially designers, like Tom Ford, Helmut Lang, Hedi Slimane, etc.- wear that look. I thought it looked great, so I use it now and then. Like them, I wear a black blazer over a white button-down, french-cuff dress shirt, open at the neck. I wear that over...
I keep my jewelry to a minimum as well (one of a few different stainless steel watches and a platinum wedding ring, and that's it).  Like you, I also very much prefer what I think is the more understated style of silver/white gold/platinum.  I don't think there's any question that your stuff goes perfectly with suit and tie.  In fact, the beauty (I think) of that color/style of jewelry is that it goes equally well with suit and tie, or jeans and t-shirt.  And I know...