or Connect

Posts by GatorStyle

Mike, if you have the time to do it, just walk along Fifth Avenue and the various intersecting streets clustered within several blocks of Central Park.  There are any number of stores in that vicinity that have pocket squares.  I haven't checked all of them for pocket squares recently, but try, for example, Sak's, Bergdorf's, Dunhill, Zegna, Burberry, and many others in that area.  Good luck.
To follow up on that last reply, and for what it's worth, I've found that one of the best products to make hair do what you want is also one of the cheapest (a few bucks).  You may remember GQ magazine did a piece on it several months back.  It's called Murray's, it comes in a distinctive orange tin, it's found in the black hair care section of the drugstore, and it's potent shit.  You can easily get that "chunky" look you want, or any other look for that matter.  Just...
Hey, LA Guy (or anyone else reading this who knows), you mentioned those Paper, Denim and Cloth jeans in your posting here.  I know a little bit about that company and the guy who started it, and I have some friends who've bought them but I haven't really looked at them myself (since I've been a loyal Diesel guy for a while now).   But I've heard good things about these new jeans- what can you tell me about them?  Price?  Fit?  I heard there a few styles, grouped by...
I was in the Saks Fifth Ave on Fifth Ave. in NYC this weekend looking for sunglasses, and I saw Oliver Peoples frames there. Fairly pricy stuff (several hundred dollars per) but I didn't look closely enough to get much more precise than that. I think most high-end stores that have a considerable stock of sunglasses or prescription glasses will carry his, which are among the best you can buy
There haven't been a ton of new topics here lately, so- as I sit in my office trapped on a conference call for the last few hours- I offer you this one.  It's amazing what you (or at least I) think about at times like this. Here's the deal:  your entire wardrobe is limited to five designers or clothing companies.  Price is no object- you can have whatever you like from that designer/company, and that includes all lines (i.e. both Purple Label and Polo Jeans), and as...
Allow me to vent as I kick myself for just having completed one of the stupider, more embarrasing style-related things I've done in years.  I had been looking for a slim, black suit to replace an older one that was ready to be retired.  I've noticed suits with silhouttes like these (trim cut, flat front pants, etc.) to be a relatively big thing this spring, and mine was intended to be worn not only during the day (to work), but as a tux/black tie alternative (to be...
I agree with LA Guy on all of that- be sure to check GQ, Esquire and other such magazines, as they frequently run helpful, stylish home design features.  For younger, single guys, you may also want to check Details, Maxim, and so on, as they also occasionally run helpful articles/photos on home/room design. In addition, there are a number of useful sources to check out.  My wife and I recently finished designing our own place with a relatively modern, minimalist style....
I absolutely think that a guy can, and should, get away with wearing that color- as long as it's of an appropriate shade.  Check out the thread below on the color pink, and just substitute the words lavender or purple everywhere you see pink (in fact, I think I even use lavender and purple as an example).  In a nutshell, wearing colors like that in the right way can demonstrate a bold, confident sense of style that will be appreciated by those who you're trying to...
I don't think there's any doubt that the look you describe is perfectly stylish.  If a guy had to get by with only one variety of shirt collar, I think he might do well to choose spread collar.  I think virtually of my white dress shirts have spread collars.  These collars match up particularly well with french cuffs for a very elegant look.   And with the gold tie you describe, I think it's especially sharp.  Just yesterday I wore a white spread collar/french cuffed...
Does anyone know of a good source (internet or otherwise) to get Blue Marlin stuff?  For those who haven't heard of Blue Marlin, they make great, classic/vintage American sportswear (vintage T's, caps, etc.).   I've seen their stuff shown in GQ, but I've only seen limited stock in selected Nordstrom's and a few small specialty stores when I was last in Los Angeles.  I picked up a great vintage T-shirt when I was last in LA, and I was hoping to find more.  Their...