or Connect

Posts by GatorStyle

I was also at Bergdorf's this weekend, and saw that Samsonite Blacklabel stuff. Also, I wasn't specifically looking for it and so wasn't paying very close attention, but I thought I saw some Samsonite pieces at Barney's as well. I might be wrong, however, and just confusing the two so don't necessarily rely on that.
A quick thank-you to LA Guy, who posted some favorable comments about shirts from James Perse.  I had heard about his stuff before, but- as an East Coaster- hadn't seen all that much of it.   This weekend, I picked up two long sleeve James Perse "t-shirts" at Barneys and Bloomingdales.  Both are very cool, among the best-fitting and stylish casual/funky streetwear shirts that I've seen in some time.  So allow me to second LA Guy's earlier endorsement- definitely check...
Marcus:  If you're interested in shopping Thomas Pink when you go to London, let me offer this suggestion (it's what I try to do when I go to London).  Before you shop at Pink in London, try doing so at the Pink shop (albeit a smaller version of it) in duty-free shopping at the airport.  I did that last time I flew to London (I'm fairly sure it was Gatwick Airport) and saved a good amount of cash (or quid, if we're speaking in English currency) on a number of ties and...
That's the one, Bengal. Thank you. If anyone knows more of James Smith, or Swaine, or some other similar maker, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.
Does anyone here have any experience with an exceptional, world-class umbrella? As a very belated birthday gift, I've been debating asking for such an umbrella.  I'm thinking Swaine Adeney Brigg (arguably the world's finest umbrella) or something comparable (question: while in London a few years ago, I visited a different, venerable English umbrella maker that had been around for ages.  The name now escapes me, as I'm drawing a blank- does anyone know who I'm thinking of...
Superb lists, gentlemen:  in fact, you've taken most of the items I'd put on my Top Ten, especially regarding the suits (i.e. the charcoal pinstripe, the slim black suit- by the way, flat-front trousers are key with that; for designers, try Gucci, though mine is a much less expensive Boss Hugo Boss).  I don't want to repeat what's already been said, but allow me to emphasize a couple of those items, and add a few more: - the jeans are essential, and as far as I'm...
Don't be afraid to throw things out (or give it to charity, your little brother, etc.).  If it's been several years since you've worn something, you're not likely to develop a sudden interest in it.  And streamlining and simplifying your closet (not to mention your life) can be rejuvenating and liberating.  And gives you an excuse to buy newer, better crap, and upgrade your wardrobe.  Accumulating old stuff for the sake of having it is rarely a good idea. Pack rats...
Slowly but surely, GQL. It's a giant Motion for Summary Judgment, and one of the big issues is warranty disclaimer. Would you or Ambulance mind if I cite to you guys? BlueBook form would be: GQLawyer at Style Forum, 12p.m. Of course, I'd be a lot further along if I didn't click over to this forum/ESPN.com/CNN.com/TheOnion.com every 45 minutes.
Slowly but surely, GQL. It's a giant Motion for Summary Judgment, and one of the big issues is warranty disclaimer. Would you or Ambulance mind if I cite to you guys? BlueBook form would be: GQLawyer at Style Forum, 12p.m. Of course, I'd be a lot further along if I didn't click over to this forum/ESPN.com/CNN.com/TheOnion.com every 45 minutes.
If you received no consideration for that advice, you'll probably be OK (is taking time away from work to read your post consideration? probably not, but maybe as a forbearance from doing something else; then again, if it was strictly gratuitous you'd be fine regardless).  I think your disclaimer probably is good enough as is, especially given the context of the forum in which it's given. Has everyone else reading this thread fallen asleep yet? Anyone still considering...