or Connect

Posts by GatorStyle

Thanks for the great suggestions, gentlemen. I'll give them a try.
I tend to be somewhat meticulous (and occasionally anal) as to stains on newly purchased items of clothing. I recently purchased a new pair of Diesel sneakers (white leather) and, brilliantly, wore them out this weekend to arguably the worst place to wear new footwear that you don't want ruined (I was in New Orleans for the weekend, and I wore them out on Bourbon St. one night). Shockingly, given how immaculate and spotless Bourbon St. is on an average Saturday night, I...
GQL: I have that 36" flat-screen Wega, and I've been very pleased with it. Very good picture quality with regular television channels and superb quality with DVD's. Although the sound quality is not necessarily the finest in the industry (I think most technical buffs would tell you that), virtually every untrained ear (i.e. any other human not completely obsessed with the tiniest auditory subtleties) would not be able to tell the difference, and would be very pleased - as...
LDawg: In virtually every American jurisdiction, you can only pracfice law with a J.D. (Juris Doctor, the degree you get after 3 yrs. of law school), after having passed a Bar examination, and if you otherwise meet the particular requirements of wherever you're seeking to be admitted. You can practice law with an M.B.A. (or any other degree for that matter) in addition to that (and it may be of benefit to you in some instances), but you'll also need the other...
To address some of your points, Max, in no particular order: It's not surprising that some of these lesser schools charge as much as do Harvard/Yale/etc. That's the economics of law school cost. Private schools - no matter how superb or miserable - generally charge about the same. Public schools charge far less, particularly so if you're an in-state resident. As I mentioned in my earlier post, all law school curriculum/course work is roughly the same, from Harvard to the...
Funny you should ask, Ambulance, as I happen to be wearing a Hugo Boss suit today, as I type this.  Without question, I've found Boss suits to be the most flattering on me, and to most effectively accentuate and complement my particular body type.  I still wear a 42 jacket with Boss. What you may be referring to with Boss is (at least with the Boss suits that I have) a more squared-off, bulked up shoulder.  It took me a while to get used to it, but I absolutely love...
Ambulance, I fall in that weight range you describe (between 172 and 178, depending upon the workout pattern of the moment) and I wear a 42 jacket.  If you progress as you have been, you're likely to wind up at that size (maybe a 44, at most; or a 46 if you decide to incorporate 'roids into your routine).  As an aside, they speak of athletic physiques in terms of suit sizes as characterized by the "drop" between shoulder and waist sizes.  A good rule of thumb is that a...
Case by case basis, Ambulance.  Depends upon: a.  The vibes.  If the hypothetical guy has a good sense that he'll get a 'yes,' there is absolutely no reason not to (and every reason to) ask her out.  Whether that sense is accurate or not is another story.  But the signs are usually there if one looks closely enough. If hypo guy has no sense one way or another, then it comes down to: b. Whether she is fungible (interchangeable) or replaceable.  If one has spent 25...
I respectfully disagree.  While many (even most) rubber soles are, in my opinion, completely inappropriate for businesswear, I think a number of rubber soled dress shoes are perfectly OK in that context.   In fact - assuming I can find the right pair, as the majority of better dress shoes have leather soles - I actually prefer rubber soles.  They can be more durable in that they're less prone to the chipping and erosion that I find plagues leather soles pretty quickly,...
Good list, Ambulance. I'd agree with virtually all of your choices, and add these: - a decent movie theater (not the crappy one with second-run movies that charges a buck per ticket, but a good one with stadium seating, the works) - a good grocery store (at least one "go-to" store, preferably one that stays open all night) - video/dvd rental place (as there's a Blockbuster on every other street in the free world, this shouldn't be a problem) -at least one attraction...