or Connect

Posts by GatorStyle

Can anyone comment on the quality/durability of Louis Vuitton shoes/footwear?  I'm a big fan of a pair of black lace-ups (squared-off toe, signature -albeit unobtrusive - Vuitton "checkerboard" trim around the edges) that I've been eyeing in a few boutiques.   But at $450 for kicks that surely aren't going to be up to, say, John Lobb-esque standards, I'm hoping that I'll be paying for more than just a name.   Also, does anyone know if the company offers a...
I've been reasonably satisfied with the Burberry dress shirts I own.  As noted above, they're nothing to write home about but I certainly haven't had any particular problems with 'em.  In fact, I'm wearing one in French blue today, as I type, and I think it looks rather snazzy. As with most things, I think it depends upon issues of value.  If you're paying full, retail price at a Burberry boutique, your dress shirt dollar might be better spent elsewhere.  If, however,...
Joe G: The car is only a couple of years old, and no real problems to speak of yet, both inside and outside. I understand your concern about GM, but I think all of the American makers (and their parts) have improved markedly in recent years and - depending on how old the vehicle is, and how long you hold on to it - I think you'd be OK.
Joe G:  Given your parameters, have you thought about Saab?  As most people either love or hate the somewhat funky Scandinavian styling of 'em, you probably need not read any further if you fall into the latter category.  But it's a quality vehicle, qualifies among the Euro-types you reference in your post, not too big or small (which I gather is important from your post), reasonably understated, un-flashy and unassuming, yet stylish and different from most of the...
If for no other reason than to avail myself of that free beer offer, Max, allow me to punctuate the advice given in the 2 posts above.  I really have nothing more to add, as the aforementioned posts nicely capture what I agree to be the keys to surviving the first year of law school (note:  these are likely to change significantly in your 2nd and 3rd years, as the emphasis shifts to finding gainful employment). I suppose, for what it's worth, I could reemphasize certain...
If you're looking to save money, you may want to take a little drive outside of Boston. Not far away, in Framingham, is a good outlet mall. Just a quick drive, right next to Foxboro (where the N.E. Patriots play), well worth a day trip. There's an Off Saks, Barney's, Hugo Boss, Versace, Joseph Abboud, Donna Karan, Polo, Kenneth Cole, Nike, Puma and lots more. Check it out.
Thanks for the scoop, Joe G. I may just check that out.
It's been a few years since I overhauled my closet/storage organization, and I've been very comfortable with all but one aspect of the situation.   For whatever reason, I've never been thrilled with where/how I store my belts.  I've heard conflicting opinions on the subject, and I've alternated between rolling them and stuffing them into something, hanging them, lying them flat, etc.  I was wondering how others in this forum store their belts, and why. Thanx for the...
Wing-tips are timeless classics for serious business garb.  I'm generally not a huge fan of them (most of my business kicks are either cap-toe, plain-toe, or split-toe), with several notable exceptions. One such exception is a Ferragamo wingtip from a few years ago with a more squared-off toe than you'll find with most other wingtips.  Risking the wrath of those fashionistas who will argue that pointy toes are all the rage, I still prefer a slightly squared-off toe in...
My wife and I have done our place in the style that you describe (minimalist / urban / somewhat funky, with a bent toward mid-century American pieces) and, as comfortable as it may be, a La-Z-Boy would seem woefully out of place there, even as a classic American piece in its own right (it would disrupt the aesthetics - or the feng shui, if you're so inclined, which I'm not).  I second the Eames chair recommendation, although I think the classic Eames chair is slightly...