or Connect

Posts by Fishball

Here is the GY suit
I have two suits in 6.5-7oz, that should be around 220g, J & J Minnis Airborne. One by Gordon Yao, and one by Baromon, both of them are unfused. Of course they don't performed as well as those heavier cloth, but they look acceptable.
Not on my suits and sportcoats.And not on anything I saw on the hangers in the shop.
Good question, I also has same doubt.I think people should avoid using those "lightweight, fragile stuff" rather than using fusing.I remember I wore those old LP Summer Tasmanian 100s & 120's in summer, and they performed well.
Most if not all my suit for this twenty years are CMT, I don't think my tailors were "unhappy."It is fair deal, you can accept CMT or not, like Chan, they don't do CMT anymore.
I just can't understand why tailors can't tell their customer what they are selling? Just tell them your budget cannot get a English cloth, period. Why not? I think all my bespoke suits don't have fusing as far as I know, and I think they do performed well. The fusing "desired effect" is just make the tailoring work more easy, Sorry, I would simple translate it as "less craftmanship"
I believe that their workshop is not located in HK, but I am not 100% sure
Summer is the low season! Actually, after CNY holiday should be the start of low season.
Pacific Coffee and Starbucks are not too far away. You can find PC at Lee Garden Two and Hysan Place, Starbucks is on Leighton Rd
Actually, it can be replaced totally by hand with needle and a needle handle. I can do it by myself, although it wouldn't be look very good. This is some kind of "know-how," when you know it, it is simple.The cobblers in Hong Kong can do a pretty well job to replacing it.