or Connect

Posts by p.henrik

Believe it's the leather patterns being sewn together. Basically a flat version of the existing shoe before it's moulded onto the last.
Dropped by their store today. Xavier Aubercy is a wonderfully colorful man, that makes you feel extremely welcome as he goes through a dozen shoes to see which fits you best. They apparently have 8 different width to chose from (not all in stock obviously) and can make small MTO adjustments for a 0-10% surcharge. One of the loafers he put on my feet was probably the best fitting shoe i ever tried. On topic, he said 80% of their RTW shoes are blake, with the remainder...
Regarding the Park last, Pepe said it fits similar to Olfe, but has a slightly higher instep (great for me!). It is as you know already available for MTOs, and will be phased into the RTW collection over time.
Quick update on the balmoral boot shell MTO in dark brown. The boots have been closed and are waiting to be lasted and welted, so probably still a couple of weeks away. Pepe is sending some pictures later, so will post these here when I get them.
Haha, so true. You have to commend PPs loyalty. But hey, as long as you can find what you want among David's fabrics, I see little reason to look elsewhere.And thanks for spoilering those ties , PP. I of course had to sneak peak only to quickly shield my eyes from the unsoporofic glare.
Looks great. Definately much better than new Rey. Looks very similar to c&j348 which is my second favorite last after gg tg73. suspect I will be adding more meermins to the existing collection now.Keen to hear fit comparisons with olfe/ama especially wrt instep.
I've found light grey very hard to use. Have a herringbone wool which really only work with white but is too informal to wear with white shirt business outfits. My silver grwnadine is great though for a formal look with white shirt. For navy and blue I agree with your suggestions (less pink and purple than the others). I find myself reaching for my (only) brown ground neat tie more than any other tie.
.I don't agree that a dark grey/charcoal tie wouldn't be versatile. I think a charcoal wool goes great with most suits and shirts. Maybe not a grenadine, bit charcoal ties with surface structure rock. I find myself having too many blue ties because I usually wear navy suit and light blue shirt.
Done normally post here but figured I give it a try today when wearing something more experimental than my standard navy suit, light blue shirt beats tie outfit. Casual Friday at work. Realise I'm mixing some summer and winter materials. Greenish tweed jacket, linen shirt, shantung tie, cream flannel trousers, brown adelaides.
+1. White shirt with aggressive cutaway is a formal shirt that don't work well with your overall casual outfit. I only wear button downs with sweaters. ( not that this is the only correct shirt, but I tend to only buy formal f2f cutaways or less formals bds). I would also check that tie knot. Looks too big/ not tigtened enough.