or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Film Noir Buff

Quote: Originally Posted by apropos It is interesting that the people defending FNB fall into 2 (contradicting) camps - those that say it's a first fitting for a 'regular customer' and so is almost done bar minor adjustments, and those who say that it's a fitting and thus the fit necessarily has no relation to the finished product. Hey, no one is defending me because I am not on trial. If anything is on trial in this thread it is the assertion...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum They may not be technically incorrect, but I always find coloured or brocade vests with black tie remind me of terrible prom outfits... I dont know about really crazy, colored waistcoats but certainly somewhat colorful brocades in the 6 button style have been worn with tuxedos for a long time; for those who are slavish about tradition they were worn with evening clothes since Brummell. Of course,...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley I don't know why someone would petulantly maintain that someone doesn't know that the pic depicts a fitting vs. a final suit, it's quite obvious. Well, people aren't at their best at fittings and the pic was submitted in a light suggesting that it demonstrated an excellent fit, when in fact it was lifted off a thread on my site about fitting stages. Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum So, what you're saying is that, being a regular customer, there's even less excuse for such a tight fit, unless FNB put on a lot of weight since his previous visit? No one is making an excuse for Nino or his suits but some one is making a lot of excuses for Anderson and Sheppard, probably because it is the only tailoring shop he could get to give him the time of day. I didn't put the photo up on this...
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier You are wrong. Just accept this and move on. I am actually getting a Duchamp bow tie to wear with a new three piece suit and I haven't worn one in a long time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum I wasn't going to say anything incase FNB knows something I don't, but +1 If it is a colorful or brocaded silk, you can wear either type of vest style. Generally the 5/6 button model is preferable and the reason is you want people to see the color and design. That's the way I've always seen them and have worn them. I wear my rabbit vest with a midnight blue tuxedo and it looks great. Acceptable vest...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos BTW, you filthy fucking liar. From http://www.menoftheclothfilm.com/characters.htm Looks like I busted a Master Tailor (tm) sartorial myth right there! Quote: Originally Posted by George You have to consider that a given tailors approach will differ from client to client. The client in the vid you posted maybe a new client. On a client that as ordered many suits and who the tailor knows...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos From the master, this is high praise... I guess? Show me where I have said it's a 'first fitting'. Anyway, the top collar is one of the last things to go on a suit, and cannot possibly be completed at the 'first fitting', like you so vociferously claim it is repeatedly. The facing is not attached at such an early stage either, and the quantity of basting holding your jacket together is pretty skimpy for a one at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Ok, I'll bite. Of course I know the difference between a first fitting and a completed suit. To dispel your repeated insinuations: But clearly, you do not. Quote: Originally Posted by apropos - Yes, I have bespoke items; I am familiar with the rigmarole. If you had bothered to read this forum thoroughly you would know that. I could never read everything here and have rarely...
Quote: Originally Posted by George What I'm becoming increasingly saddened by; is that there seems little useful information to be gleaned on here. You are mistaken. I grant that there isn't much useful here in the primary sense of the word but if you apply deductive reasoning, you can glean quite a bit of useful nuggets. For instance, Apropos cannot tell a first fitting from a completed suit. If he weren't a frequent poster on a clothes...
New Posts  All Forums: