or Connect

Posts by Film Noir Buff

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt This is a most excellent threak. I feel for vox, though, as he hasn't been able to get anybody excited about his life for a few pages. I thought Vox had achieved "Intel Inside" status (Vox in the Box), and it is now always about him even if it doesn't seem like it?
Quote: Originally Posted by mccvi Yes, it's obviously council. Does anyone have the decency to actually reply to my query? What's my upside? I suppose the acclaim of clothing geeks is somewhat comforting but what you need is a recommendation from someone who believes that 16 fittings is a sign of care rather than incompetence.
Quote: Originally Posted by comrade Isn't it Star "Council" ? I see it more as a confederacy of dunces
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Dien The sober tie is the first casualty of a mid-life crisis. or a second childhood?
Quote: Originally Posted by bowtielover I'll do one better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8FIbt9hgqY What are some of your favorite bow ties, brands or colors/patterns/materials?
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard T&A ties are not everyone's taste. Personally speaking, I love the prints and color choices. They add just the right amount of splash to an otherwise conservative outfit, while managing to look smart and not gaudy. Thickness and material varies by line, in my experience, but the typically thick T&A tie is just fine by me. It will soften over time, btw. The quality is excellent, regardless of one's assessment...
Quote: Originally Posted by ZON_JR I've been planning a more precise and detailed analysis for the official introduction of the Voxometer (patent pending), but basically he tried a few times to turn the thread to him and failed, tried again later and FNB responded which got him officially in the game, and then he took it over for a while with pics of all of his suits. He then seems to have suffered from post-coital tristesse and disappeared. He might...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette So this must be coming from a working class hero with no money and a huge inferiority complex. That description seems to fit Rain Man to a tee. Thanks for that .
Quote: Originally Posted by mccvi While the star counsel is present, I would love to ask some advice. Remember without drape, even a bad A&S suit, many of the counsel wouldnt look so good.
Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent I've got several and they vary so much it's difficult to draw a conclusion, but generally I'd say the prints aren't that thick or heavy wheras the wovens vary from average thickness/knot to quite large. They do vary a bit don't they? I like their sense of color and the prints can make a good diversion here during the warmer months.