or Connect

Posts by Film Noir Buff

Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Even say, navy hopsack? Absolutely.
Get whatever you're sure you're going to be excited to wear irrespective of what anyone else thinks.
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Does FNB like being compared to Francis Bown, whose pictures these are? Here is a full on glamour shot of the same subject, reflecting the marriage of Italian and British style: I would prefer it to being associated with a petulant madman; know what I mean? The shirt and tie were an attempt to figur out basic English tastes and responses to them not to create the "perfect" shirt/tie combination. Francis...
Quote: Originally Posted by joshman You really need to travel more and open your eyes up. I like that a lot. I am contemplating something similar with a stripe in 6-8 different color ways.
Quote: Originally Posted by weilian One shoe? Yes, but it's more than that. There is without a doubt a place in the wardrobe for plain items. It is the assumption that plain items are a proof of good taste and even a superior sense of style that is comic-tragic. Clothes are about attitude but to splice the mousey, invisible choice of the everyman with the ferocity of the self assured reveals a deep sense of inadequacy.
Quote: Originally Posted by George Actually that ensemble of 'Film's isn't that bold in the U.K. most wouldn't bat an eyelid at it. I just find it amusing how some on this forum always get over-excited when they see something like this. Or is it, as I suspect, more about the poster than it is about the clothes? There's really only one or two people here that make it personal with me, the majority just dont know what they're doing. They also may...
Quote: Originally Posted by George Not bad, not bad at all. I have a few shirts in those 'candy stripes' from that Acorn book. I'd wear that shirt and tie under a chalkstripe 3 piece, just to fuck with people a little. Ignore Mafoofan, he's prone to over excitement.........poor lad. I wore a much bolder one yesterday. I wear them with whatever I like. I should ignore many posters here but I find their smug, sartorial illiteracy compelling.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria What's Kabbaz doing on your cufflink? - B Scraping desk tops and hitting door knobs mostly.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Actually, padawan, look at the shirt and tie. Quote: Originally Posted by George There's fuck all wrong with either. That's not a great photo. Here is a better shot of the shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by Roikins I remember reading this a while back... breaking down the possible laws broken by Gekko taking into account the laws at the time. Oh wow. That's a good find. I actually thought I was the only one who had thought of this. Hey Ho; there's nothing new under the sun.