or Connect

Posts by Fritz

Probably SB would be good for you. My feeling is, two buttons would be better, but it is hard to tell without a picture of you entire body. As far as fabrics I agree with Johnnynorman. For shirts: Straight-pointed collar like you wear seems good. I have a hard time imagining you looking good with button-down, or with too much spread. Also, try to find a collar that is sizable enough to not be looking out of balance with your face.
Manton, you are right. And I am not angry about policy's post, because I know who it is coming from, and in which context. I still wanted to make my point, because friendships of any kind should not be taken for granted. EDIT: this was a response to Manton's 15.46 post. I agree with the 16.00 one as well
Quote: Quote: (Luc-Emmanuel @ April 25 2005,11:37) Well, maybe it's just because they are not PAID as much. Now, could you take all this political correctness bullshit somewhere else? bad wages = bad quality. period. luc Don't you have some Germans to surrender to? No, Luc-Emmanuel most certainly does not have to surrender to any Germans. In case you didn't know, Germany and France are allies now, there is even a thing that...
Lionel is right, those Timberland are a must-have for every "well-to-do bachelor" as a good friend, female law-student, once told me. The shoes in question aren't really boat-shoes, the uppers are the same, but you need to have thick rubber soles with a profile, almost like hiking boots. At least where I live (min 150 mls away from the sea). Edit: chorse is right, the guy with the summer-fabrics is German. I just looked it up. But he is also the shirt-maker that I...
The Roetzel book actually strikes me as very German. It does not have a lot of German products in it, except for this shirtmaker's picture I can't think of any right now. But there is a certain part of the German upper-middle class that is drawn to the Anglo look that Roetzel proposes. Tweed coats, Barbour jackets, English shoes etc. are very popular among them. If you can imagine such a thing as German preppies, that's the kind of people I am talking about. They like Polo...
Perhaps Scabal S 100 Performance?
Silk knots are acceptable, if not ideal (just my opinion). Given your time constraints I would think it best if you concentrated on the essentials, ie suit and shirt. Belts: you don't need any, you are going to wear braces/suspenders.
Quote: I guess he really is one to be influenced by the opinions of others... Well, aren't we all? I'm no psychic, but I get the vibe that he was hurt by what was written about him, even though he stresses that he wasn't. He actually stresses it a bit too much to be credible, if you look at this sentence at the end of his post, saying he will do something in the future to amuse himself, not others. Too bad he entered SF on the wrong footing. I...
Quote: ...however, dont want him to spend all his efforts on something that he ends up not being able to wear or never have the occasion to wear, ot for me to judge, but i suspect this would be. Yes, since I don't know Nupton in person (and whether he is able to pull this off), I can't really argue with that. I should say, however, that this is a learning experience as much as anything. If I had made a coat like that, I would wear it maybe once a...
Dissenting voice here: I think it would be really cool to make this for yourself. It is totally reasonable to make something a bit outrageous instead of something that you could buy in any other store. I was also disappointed by Andy Garcia in Ocean's 12. But he didn't make the thing himself, and he used it as business wear instead of as a "fun and fashionable coat". That is not creative, that is what I would see as a fashion victim. But since you are willing to put...