or Connect

Posts by unbelragazzo

I am an economist, and I'm telling you, few of our kind would think of doing such a thing and calling it "quality".
Or you could just get a better version of it: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/suits/tobacco-brown-single-breasted-linen-suit-10-11oz-drapers-italian-linen.html
You can think about whether the shoes are worth that much more to you, sure. But this has nothing to do with some objectively measured "quality". Is a $100 bill 2 times the "quality" of a $50 bill?It's not a nerd vs not nerd thing. I think the attempt to quantify stuff like this is counter productive because it leads people to focus on the quantifiable aspects of a good, and imagine that "quality" is linear in those aspects.
I've never understood these kinds of statements. "Quality", if it even means anything, is not a number. When you divide one not-number by another not-number, you again get a not-number. So I don't know what this 1.1x could possibly mean.
Textures work I think. But the green is a little too close to the grey for my taste. Here's my flannel and wool entry:
For me wool tie with a flannel suit is pure win, but ymmv
I may be biased because I write for the store's blog, but I don't think there's a better deal around that price range than Formosa suits from No Man Walks Alone: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/makers/makersinfo/view/id/125/ On sale and with the tailoring credit, you can get them at around $1700.
Patience...will definitely link itt when it's up. I'd guess it'll be a three parter
Also speaking of Kamoshita-san, the most in depth interview @Synthese and I did at Pitti was with him. I found it very interesting, I hope you will too.
In the case or Camoshita, the featured Asian man is Kamoshita-san himself. He is a style icon in his own right as well as the brand's designer and creator, so the picture is relevant to the brand. In general for the pictures on the brand pages, changing them every season to reflect what's in stock would be an additional headache, and they're intended to be photos that give an idea of the brand's heritage and story as opposed to advertising specific products. But when we...