or Connect

Posts by unbelragazzo

Uh....definitely not. At least in my experience. Not that anybody needs to be spending $4k on a suit, but I don't think I've ever seen a "fully handmade" suit in a "high-end" fabric for $2k unless it was already heavily discounted. Unless by "fully handmade" you mean just canvassed or something like that.
Thanks - it's Sartoria Zizolfi, in Naples.
Wore a green jacket by accident today, so might as well enter:
You on east coast or west coast?
Awesome, please do.
Just for you, I'll wear my Eidos DJ to the DC meetup tmrw night so you can check it out in person.
I just think it serves no purpose somebody an idiot after they've just admitted they've been hoodwinked. Especially with such glee. Besides, getting the rug pulled out from under you by a craftsman is an iGent rite of passage. It's happened to many on this forum and it will happen to many more. Doesn't mean that they were wrong to trust them in the first place. If you never get betrayed by someone you trust, you're probably far too skeptical a person.
There's no need for pile-on
FWIW, I don't want to accuse Andrew of being intentionally unethical. His videos are well-done and his writing is nice. He probably didn't want to interrupt it with a disclaimer of "hey look, just so you guys know, I'm not paying anything for the coat, it is being made for me in exchange for this video". And if it were something he were doing for Rory's own site, there would be nothing exceptionable about it. ASW is a store too, so it's not completely obvious that there...
As far as I can tell, this is the closest AY came to saying the coat was to be free:Assuming the text up with the first video on AY's site is what was originally posted on ASW, he says the coat is made "for" him, but doesn't give any more detail than that. I guess one might infer that the coat is being provided in exchange for the video, but on the other hand, one might not.ASW definitely has an audience, and the first post ends with an explicit hope that the videos...